Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 03:48:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Favorite TV Shows / Miniseries Started by: Hugh on Nov 12, '20 13:27
Lost TV Series "an American drama television series that originally aired on ABC from September 22, 2004, to May 23, 2010, over six seasons, comprising a total of 121 episodes. The show contains elements of supernatural and science fiction, and follows the survivors of a commercial jet airliner flying between Sydney and Los Angeles, after the plane crashes on a mysterious island somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean. The story is told in a heavily serialized manner. Episodes typically feature a primary storyline set on the island, augmented by flashback or flashforward sequences which provide additional insight into the involved characters."
Report Post Tip
Judge Judy of course. Who doesn't love a good hour marathon of back to back episodes from 3-4 at the end of your day?
Report Post Tip

I don't watch much tv these days, but I recently started watching Queen of the South, on Netflix, all about Mexican drug cartels.

Report Post Tip
I always end up the watching Sopranos every couple of years and Band of Brothers.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Underbelly, this is a Australian crime series based on true events, great series to watch, I really enjoyed it a lot. Theirs a lot of good series ive liked though, The wire, Bad blood, Narcos just a few more to name that I could of easily picked too.

Report Post Tip
I’ve recently watched Schitt’s Creek and found it very funny and enjoyable. A good show to watch in quarantine if you’re feeling down.
Report Post Tip
For miniseries, few things hold a candle to Band of Brothers. Still holds up after all these years.
Report Post Tip

Dexter!!! Best series ever, although I'm re watching lost right now.

I also enjoyed lucifer

Report Post Tip

If you're looking for docuseries, Chef's Table it's quite nice too. I enojy cooking so that may be why I enjoy it a lot. Kinda pretentious at times so proceed carefully.

Report Post Tip
The last thing that I thought was excellent and 5* was Dark on Netflix. At the moment, I’ve started watching The X Files from the beginning and it’s so good. Another programme I loved was Fringe - I’m all about the sci-if 😂
Report Post Tip

The only things I'm watching now are The Undoing (psycho-thriller with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant on HBO) and Soulmates on AMC (each of those episodes are stand-alone, and feature a lot of big names). I was watching Fargo but I've just given up on it by now, I think the show is played out. 

Report Post Tip

Lately I've been watching The Madalorian on Disney+, anyone that's into Star Wars even a little bit should check it out. 

Other than that I'll put on Netflix for something to have on in the background while I'm on here. Which is usually The Office lol

Report Post Tip

i have just finshed watching Lucifer - 5 series so far, and another one being made. 

Some of the DC comics series on Netflx are good - half way through the first series of Titans at the moment.

a bit of SF, mild comedy and excitement ...

Even if the ending and final season sucked I still like Game of Thrones. It kept me intrigued and its set in a world that I like, medieval fantasy. Star Wars always been a fan of but newer movies not my jam. 

Report Post Tip
Man i wad so fucking confused when i read this threads name
I knew i wanted to post then i read mini-series as ministry and though i was gonna end up in church. Im the type to barely watch tv them binge for 48hrs straight. Only show i know a friemd told me to use netflix amd watch was call Rachet i think.
Report Post Tip

around halloween, i was surfing around netflix, looking for something scary and came across 'evil'...what i watched was really good but like with a lot of things, i got bored and stopped for now...it's definitely one i'll go back to though

Report Post Tip

My favorite HBO made for tV was the Band of Brothers.  Easy company, 2 battalion of the 506 Airborne Division during WWII.  

Favorite shows/Miniseries.

I watch this series called Jericho.  It was realistic which is why I got hooked immediately.  It starts off in a small town called Jericho with a long lost son returning home when all hell breaks loose.  Off in a distance a mushroom cloud appears and it's clear it was a nuclear bomb.  The city is Denver, Colorado USA and many in Jericho see this explosion and are instantly perplexed.  

It depicts the trials and tribulation of a civilization struggling to cope with the inevitable devastation following a nuclear explosion.  

The series has 2 seasons and is epic.

I hope you enjoy.

Report Post Tip

Way too many to count, so I thought I would discuss some (in my opinion) underrated gems. I must preface this by saying that I am a huge sci-fi and fantasy geek, so my picks are skewed in that way. For miniseries, I recommend The 10th Kingdom. It's an early 2000s show about people from our world who get transported to basically fairy tale land. It is tongue in cheek, but very entertaining. (Orcs listening to the Bee Gees thinking "Night Fever" is about a plague, Rutger Hauer being Rutger Hauer. Fun show. 

For TV, I would say Space Above and Beyond. It a was a short lived Sci-Fi series from the mid 90s about marines fighting aliens, but they did a good job of playing heroics but also loss in war. It is rushed at the end, as they knew they were getting cancelled so they tried to finish it. But still worth a watch. 

Honorable mention goes to Combat, a black and white World War II action/drama from the 60s. It used to come on right before the reruns of Star Trek TOS when I was a kid, and I loved it. 

Report Post Tip

I liked HBO's United States of Tara. Quite inappropriate, with the wonderful Toni Collette, with just the right amount of crazy and disfunction.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Favorite TV Shows / Miniseries
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL