Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 20:02:28
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What do you do for a living Started by: EdisonByers on Dec 19, '20 03:18

Hello, I am a masonry contractor.  I have my own company and started it in 1991.  Yeah, old school :)  I build block walls, planters, columns, fireplaces, glass block windows, fire pits, I do veneer work on homes facia using various materials like stone, brick, even stucco with a texture.

I don't consider it work as much as I consider it art.  I take on the creative jobs and I get a kick out of it seeing a homeowners dream come true.

It feels pretty good and pays very well.  It's an honest days work.  Very physical.

Thanks.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip
I’m a brain surgeon, not your typical brain surgeon though, I operate with bullets. ~ Lucky
Report Post Tip

Let's see how to explain this I technically work in shipping for a meat plant and ship out orders. When im there i cut the dryice for each order wrap it and put it in. That's usuallly Monday for me 5am-4pm tuesday is sometimes doing dry ice some more sometimes i get pulled down to production and have to vaccum seal label and box thousands of pounds of ground bison, ground beef, ground rabbit, so many types. Or i'll be sent to make boxes for the orders we get during the weeek and be ready for monday's. So i get to drive the big ass diesel box truck to go pick up foam as needed. Oh and i get to recieve the semi trailers full of foam that i unload by hand. I take drives to drop pallets at cold storage places and pick up giant totes of dry ice. Yea....i basically do whatever they need at my work and I fucking love it there its fun as hell.

Report Post Tip

Oh shit i forgot about my trips at 5am Friday morning into the hillls have eyes territory it looks like to quarter some bison, elk beef, pigs, just whatever we need to bring back chop em up in quarters from the halves they are hanging in load totes then the truck and get the fuck out of there. 

Report Post Tip

Most of the time we are tired of work and we escape from life. In fact, it is not mainly because of money, nor is it that the body is really unbearable. It is mainly because of mentality, the same material conditions, some people have the same taste. I feel that life is easy and happy, and some people will only blame others for making themselves exhausted. This is a mentality problem. We should always maintain a positive and optimistic attitude and a relaxed mood to face life.

Report Post Tip
i work in sales and relationship management at an investment company.

In short, I sell dreams.
Report Post Tip

i work for a phone company almost 20 years now.

My sector has to do with fraud, submitting orders and lately fiber optics.

Salary's not bad, but it could be better.

Generally, i'm satisfied with my work.

Report Post Tip
Human resources & payroll here. I work for the state.
Report Post Tip
I work for an asphalt paving company. Most of the year I am an estimator and I go out and bid the work. As the season winds down I put on work boots and go out and actually work on one of the crews.
Report Post Tip

I’m a business development manager for an asbestos removal contractor. I also have a sheep farm.

Report Post Tip

I am an internal auditor for one of the world's largest news media companies. 

Report Post Tip

Im a Psychology student in his last year of university. I want to work at Human Resources.

Report Post Tip

I am going into software engineer after graduating from college in Computer Science. Came from a no-name school and coronavirus pretty much ruined all my opportunities in finding a job at a big name tech company. Entry level jobs were hit the worst and I did some work at start-ups to compensate. Now, recruiting has picked up and I am hoping to find a more permanent gig.

Report Post Tip

According to my daughter, i take the monsrers away and lock them up, keeping the world safe... I suppose its not that far from the truth.

Report Post Tip

I am a jack of all trades at a local factory that manufactures plastic bottles. We just got a huge gig to make Tide Pod containers for Proctor and Gamble, so I'm hoping that my ticket into a permanent position in the quality control office there.   It's not glamourous, or extremely high paying, and it's 12hr shifts.  But I only work 7/14 days, rarely more than 3 in a row, and I can take 2 vacation days and get a week off.  It's overall not that bad of a gig, plus it pays the bills.  Always a bonus. 

Report Post Tip
I am an Information Technology Service Management Process Owner, currently consulting with a company to better both their Knowledge Management process and their Request Fulfillment process.

I am working directly with 5 process managers and analysts to find gaps in there process and make it more functional, as well as profitable.

If you are look for any consulting be sure to give me a ring!
Report Post Tip
I’m active duty in the Marine Corps. My MOS is 1371, a combat engineer. We specialize in mobility, counter mobility, survivability and limited vertical construction. Essentially what that means is i use explosives if something is blocking the infinity’s path to clear it, I set up obstacles to hinder the enemy, I build bunkers and guard posts and have some carpentry tools at my disposal. It’s certainly can be a fun job some days but other days I’m essentially just a rifleman with the infinity which might sound sexy but in reality is a lot of getting fucked by the green Winnie.
Report Post Tip

I found this far more interesting than I should. Some of y'all have some wicked interesting jobs. Sadly, my job isn't interesting. Heh.

When I'm not gangstering, I'm a property manager and residential letting agent. I basically babysit portfolios of property for a number of corporations. I create lease agreements, generate eviction notices, liase with proprietors and tradesmen, instruct and oversee property maintenance, and project manage renovations. If you have a question about Scot's property law or tenemental property construction, chances are, I'll know the answer.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
You guys are all amazing! I work as a full time mom and a part time Electronics sales associate at Walmart :) I enjoy both jobs just fine! :)
Report Post Tip

I work at a the headquarters of a local bank here, a sector that’s mainly related with business procedures, regulations & setting workflow instructions.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What do you do for a living
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL