Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 01:18:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
How many bins do you have? Started by: Grin-22 on Jul 14, '22 07:01
We have 7 bins together ourside where we put bottles, plastics, hard paper like boxes, newspaper in one and then food stuff snd that should be burned we have 2 big bibs for glads bottles those ehite and one for bottles that are colored
Report Post Tip
Lots and lots of bins for all sorts of different rubbish that should be separated into each individual bin dependant upon their recyclable content and category that it fits in to. It’s heart breaking to separate my poor rubbish from one another. The only saving grace is that someday, they’ll end up at the same landfill, regardless of any of that bullshit.
Report Post Tip
I live in a big apartment block with rubbish chute
Report Post Tip
We have 4 a back one for non recycling another black one for organic a green one for glass and a blue one for recycling
Report Post Tip
2 x cardboard (for the beer packaging)

2 x bottles (for the beer bottles)

1 x food (takeaway waste)

2 x General (when I cannot be arsed sorting it out)
Report Post Tip
Just 2 bins is way too low!

At home we have 4 inside and 3 outside.

So there is one in the kitchen, one in each of the two rooms downstairs and one in the main corridor upstairs.

Outside there is a big bin which collects all the garbage from all the inside home bins and the other two are for separating paper and plastic.

The glass from alcoholic drinks is returned to the supermarket via a special box.

So, that's it. And guess whose job is to clean the bins twice every week!
Report Post Tip

1 gray, 1 green and 4 boxes for bottles card and tins ECT 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The rules in the UK are so weird, my partner lives 30 mins away and has completely different bin colours for the bins and the rules, he's forever picking things out because I have done it 'wrong' (right!) when I am there.

1 black bin for general household waste (black bin liners allowed)

2 blue bins for all recycling (paper, cardboard, tins, glass, plastic etc) - must be put straight in or in a clear see through waste bag

1 green for food waste and garden bits.

Report Post Tip

How many bins do I have? Not enough, I tell you. I used to have four bins and only just got by on that. Critically I had two of the vital black bins for general waste. Then the council decided that we'd only get black bins emptied every two weeks. That was the beginning of their tyranny. Once I made the trusting mistake of putting my burgeoning bins out in this new dawn, the jumped-up new badged bin bastards decided I wasn't supposed to have two black bins and stole one of mine. I was left with one. One! For two weeks. I cursed their names but was ultimately in the same boat as everyone else, so I knuckled down and adapted as best I could.

Now, they have taken the inhuman step of making it once every three weeks. This has been my cliff edge. I have no move left, nowhere to turn and no possible future with this reality. I am left with no recourse but civil revolt. I am now resolved to take action on behalf of the community I live in. I plan to write a very firmly worded letter!

Report Post Tip

We have 2 official bins, and a third that we can put out if we have an excess of garbage or recyclables. 

If you have brush, you can pile it and they will do pickups every 2 months or so. 

Report Post Tip

3 bins in total.

Grey - General Waste

Blue - Recycling Cardboard/Plastic/Glass

Brown - Garden Waste

Report Post Tip
We have 4 bins now, one green for paper and thing made off paper, one gray with a orange top for glas and metal, one gray with green top for food wast and one grey for all the rest.
Plastic we have a plastic bag that we put on the green bin when it's time for them to collect paper.
Report Post Tip

Black (General waste), Red & Blue (Recyclables) and Green (Garden waste)&nbsp;

Report Post Tip
1 garbage bin

1 recycle bin

1 yard debre bin

And 1 small red glass recycling bin.
Report Post Tip

We used to have three bins but now we only have two. We have a green bin for general waste and a blue bin for recycling. We used to have a brown bin for gardening waste, but you have to purchase one of those these days.

Report Post Tip
I'm in France and they do bins differently here.

One one (1) bin that I can see
Report Post Tip

I recently moved from a residence where I had two bins to a residence where I have only one bin.  This is a difficult adjustment for me, considering that even with the two bins I always felt like I should have another so that I could separate paper and plastics in the recyclables. Now they expect me to just throw everything out together like some kind of heathen.

Report Post Tip

I have three bins. I used to have four. Four was the salad days. Throwing things away willy-nilly. A decadence that is only really understood with hindsight. I had no appreciation for the wealth of bins I enjoyed. Then the bin men took one away. All of a sudden things changed. I wasn’t so careless with what I stuffed in the now limited space. Then the council reduced the collection to once every two weeks. This was the point that things became serious. I had half the black bin space and double the time to cover. I started being a good deal more rigorous with recycling and a dab hand a waste compression. I managed. It wasn’t pretty but we endured. Then the council went for the execution. Once every three weeks. 

I think it’s fair to say that everything before this was manageable. The once-every-three-weeks era has changed our community. I’m now routinely making nocturnal skirmishes into neighbour’s bins to cram my unmanageable waste into their excess space. I’m almost always filling several innocent bins with my excess. I live in the dark, hiding in shadows. Unlocking the alley gate with cat burglar stealth. The council have turned me into some kind of bin day nosferatu. They have bin juice on their cake laden hands! 

Report Post Tip

In the flats where I live we have the one large communal bin and a few of the recycling ones but half the time we can't get to them due to the other lazy residents who just leave the bags of rubbish  by them. 

Report Post Tip

Important update on the bin situation!  After making a suggestion to property management about the lack of recycling options in our development, they voted on putting in a recycling center only for communal recycling.  Regular trash is still put out at the end of our driveways per usual.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: How many bins do you have?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL