Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 11:27:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
INPUT: Little shit that bugs you. Part three. Started by: enkindle on Feb 19, '13 01:44

lol, I agree with Citizen. It is even worse for CLs and I assume GFs as well. Although I agree that sometimes we need to understand that these messages are designed to cater to the majority.

Report Post Tip

I really don't see the fort money as a problem. Only two crews seem to have any real amount of money stuck in it, and its still not a LOT of money.

Tetley, I understand what you meant now. Both of those circumstances have been eliminated.

Citizen, I'm not sure what thats actually for. I would need a suggestion for alternate wording.

Report Post Tip

With a waft of cigarette smoke, a friend of ours appears in the hallway in front of your office. "Got a job for you, if you're in," he says, handing you a folder. "He was disrespecting the family. You know what to do."

Something as simple as that would work. Just removing the specific positions (which can clash with players, both in the case of the RHM and the Boss) and making it generic.

Report Post Tip

Can you make the auto 'RE:' appearing on the Subject part of the mail go away?

Report Post Tip

Thanks enkindle.

Report Post Tip
Enkindle its the message you get after spawning a MIA. As for alternate wording...What Satanta said :)
Report Post Tip

I swapped the wording in, though there seems to be a handful of messages (theres about 20 random ones) that mention ranks. 

Report Post Tip

If you have a list of the ones that mention specific positions like this that might conflict with game play, feel free to throw them into a BA thread and a few of us would be happy to rework them. I'll happily do the legwork on organising it (and getting input from RPers better than myself), but I'd be a long time putting together the list of current (potential) conflicts.

Report Post Tip

Here ya go:

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/340888/tpass/8f9f318ced56a1722a5fa0da68c048d7

Report Post Tip

Almost every time I paste something in a mobmail it throws the cursor to the top after pasting.

Report Post Tip

Aidan, yeah. That's something I need to try to fix today.

Report Post Tip

The popup box on locals when pressing Ctrl+C, there are instances where I want to copy from that page like "[NY] You have tabs on xx of 95 Tylers" or say a subset of people.

Report Post Tip

You can always copy a subset from the box, nothing stopping you from that. As for the totals, I can add that to the box if you like.

Report Post Tip

It also prevents you copying the "past few minutes" list while on that page so you have to change pages, I just find the whole thing annoying.

And now for some reason after pressing tab from typing this reply (clicked quick reply) and it tabs to the custom timer instead of the submit button.

Report Post Tip

The tab thing I believe I can fix. 

The copying other things on the locals page is a problem though. Most browsers only let you capture a ctrl+c event globally and not when you click in a particular area. Not much can be done for that.

Report Post Tip
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I can't seem to copy more than one line into the contacts box. I.e. I copy locals, paste into excel, format, paste into notepad and can copy the who list of people into a contact group.

Anything with a 'space' or names set out on seperate lines do not seem to paste into the contact group, only the first name.
Report Post Tip

Yeah I told Squishy this via mIRC too...

Report Post Tip

Yeah, a regular text box does not allow for multiple lines. If you use a spreadsheet, this little formula should work perfectly for you:

=join(",", A1:A50)

It will join a series of cells together separated by commas.

Report Post Tip
Alright, this is probably the first time i speak of shit that bothers me lol.
But this bothers me a lot, you see... i work for a living and i am quite busy in RL. It would be real nice it all the gangsters in locals would stand out either being in bold or slanted or whatever. Make so, we can easily spot the gangsters in locals and not waste so much time trying to find them.

Why do i want this? Well, to save time... as time is precious for everyone of us. And we are all busy, and this is nothing but a game. For our entertainment, it should'nt be such a burden to search for gangsters.
Implementing this would probably make everyone happy, as everyone would still be in the same boat.
What is easy for me is easy for others.

Just... better and much cooler. I am sure everyone would enjoy this change if it is to be implemented.

Please, please, please... do this. I urge you to... please! :D

P.S.: - I said please did'nt i? :P
Report Post Tip
Damn, i did'nt know we could do that ctrl+F thingy there. Aidan has given me the curtosy of answering me in private by suggesting this. Thanks man... as for implementing this one, well only if it is not too much trouble.
I guess it should'nt be on top of your list atm though.

Obviously... computers is not my biggest passion!

And for the record, i hate Adrian for helping me look bad here! :P

Damn you man!

Gent frowns at Adrian!
Report Post Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL