Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:25:57
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
The Rise and Fall of Idiocy Started by: Roman on Aug 25, '10 19:05

If they get so hurt that you did something over something in this world, then they are wierd as shit anyway.  Its always better to not limit yourself in this world.

Report Post Tip

She is guilty of knowing information of the upmost importance and hiding it from her leader.

Just like if i get pitched for a murder, and they find out Roman knew about it he is going to go down with me for knowing about the crime.

So when those plotting fucks invovled her in and gave her the knowledge of their plan, and she did nothing but stand by. She is guilty of treason to the world, and he sentence was death.

Report Post Tip

Brusty, you keep answering your own question: "NOT RATTING OUT FRIENDS OF SOMETHING SHE DIDNT KNOW 100% WAS GOING TO HAPPEN"

(And OOC, if my RL friend was fucking up IG, I'd rat him out if I had to, kill him if I had to, and we'd be cool in real life.  It's just a game, kiddo.  Remember that time you lost in monopoly?  Do you hate that person?)

Report Post Tip

I apologize...Andrew was it? Perhaps I've not had the same presence out here as such a profound speech maker such as yourself but I think I've earned the right to make my feelings on the subject known. Maybe I'll even take the time to attend one of you numerous orations the adorn our streets.

As for your twisted point there are many things on the world that can cause harm to my members. Perhaps the building they're in could catch on fire. Maybe someone is crossing a street and gets hit by a bus. I won't be declaring war on building and buses anytime soon though. Just like I won't be declaring war on any other city because they could harm one of my members. However you can be assured that I will take action if I find out that someone is actively planning to do so.

I will now step aside and allow you to continue your voluminous contributions to our fair streets.

Report Post Tip

lol Sly that comment was for Roflisberger who said he would give up a friend for this game like it was nothing

Report Post Tip

What I know is this... If you want to be a productive member of society, then man up and be one. This is the mafia, if you say you are going to kill people why is it NOT supposed to be viewed as a viable threat? When you have an actual room designated for your underground collective to scheme in and encourage one another in a rogue take down that is indeed a threat. When you put that much thought into something, it stops being mere passing words and forms into an identity that is much more real.

To Andrew's point, I agree plenty of people can be SEEN as threats, but the folks who died today literally made themselves out to be threats to us. What Captain Stubing said had a lot of merit about preventing death from the smaller ranks in our city, because in the transcription the threats were not made towards TheDean, Cruel, or myself directly, but to the people we hold close to us, our leaders and friends. It would just be negligent and thoughtless to not protect the people who work hard for us each day from a known entity that's looking to take them out.

Report Post Tip

These groups appear all the time, ppl from NO were joking about going rogue and they didnt, how was Alessia supposed to know they were serious? These groups have appeared before and not done much. The idea that bloodline hunting someone because they dont rat every secret of their friends is ridiculous

Report Post Tip

I believe, Brusty, that YOU are the one confusing outside relationships with mafia ones, and not Roflisberger or I.

Report Post Tip

I think Roman's Cracked that in a nutshell to end this street dilemma what happened happened 

like Roman Said Man up...thats for all of us not just the people in question

Report Post Tip

Death glides from the shadows and listens patiently for a moment before breaking the habit of a lifetime and speaking openly

Thisss isss the Mafia, we do not need 100% accurate evidence. If we sssussspect you are plotting againssst usss, or ssskimming of the top, well break your legsss and bury you alive. Evidence wasss dissscovered pointing to a possssible long term attack and the leadersss did what anyone in their posssition would do, they killed thossse involved. Then they killed thossse who had knowledge of the plot yet kept it to themssselvesss. They probably even killed the milkman for delivering milk for their morning cerial to ssset them up for a hard daysss plotting and conniving.

Asss for bloodline hunting... I sssee no evidence of thisss. No one hasss sssworn to hunt down the dessscendantsss of the transssgresssorsss and kill them. What hasss been sssaid is that their dessscendantsss will be refusssed posssitionsss of power, I'm asssuming until sssuch timesss asss they have been ssshown asss trussstworthy. We all have our crossssesss to bare.

Death sides back into the alley, looking for Captain Stubbing to pick his pocket again...

Report Post Tip

Man Up doesnt answer my question and Sly, I understand what you're saying but i recently fought off a drug addiction and Alessia knew this and helped talk me through and encouraged me where some of my IRL friends were doing the opposite. Though thats none of your business, now you understand why i believe she is a friend of mine

Report Post Tip

well death, murder and killing someone and all of their friends and family are two different things, if they were just killed I'd be fine with this

Report Post Tip

Like I said, if we ended up on opposite sides here, and he got super pissy about me sticking to the values of this world, he had bigger problems to begin with.  Plenty of times my bloodline has sat on the opposite side from a friendly bloodline and they did not hesitate to poke for information without giving up any.  And they have worked alongside bloodlines that did not like them, but they sucked it up and worked as they should have.

Report Post Tip

and for evidence, the owner of the game has their email addresses and said he is going to hunt them down because they were going to do it to him, which is why i understand why he's attacking the others (even though I disagree) but it doesnt explain throwing Alessia in with the rest

Report Post Tip

and Roflisberger, i said lose a friend in real life... i dont understand if you have trouble reading or cant remember very well, but you said you would drop a friend in real life over a game

Report Post Tip

Rex steps forward next to his Godfather Roman.

I was the recent LHM to Invisible_kid_. I have alreayd told Roman how I feel about what has happened. I will not bring everything out into the streets as I do not like to slander or talk about people who I consider friends. But these events have gone down and they needed to. This happened to protect the cities and allow rebuilding to continue. Roman is a very reasonable man and a great leader. I'm happy to work for him. If I had known of Invisible_kid_ not giving up tribute I would've acted in the same way in Roman's position. I'm just happy to know that Roman allowed everyone in my family to live and give them protection so as to find another family. I would hope that they all found homes here in Chicago but I can't control everyone. I will be glad to keep working for the city of chicago and do what I can. Also, for those of you who think that this was something that was unjust or out of paranoia. Well my one comment to you is that no, it wasn't out of paranoia. They did it because a threat was brought to their attention and they did what was necessary to eliminate said threat. So I hope people will just stop trying to argue it. It happened and it was necessary. If you want to hold a grudge then thats something you should keep to yourself. But it is also something that will probably lead to your death and then you coming back out here and complaining once again.

Report Post Tip

Wellll, I am amused to see that the person who leaked this info has deleted themselves totally out of the conversation. Which is baffling to me as they were one of the three who initiated this whole thing.

It's the mafia, you lose some.. you win some. Go Roman!

Report Post Tip

I don't remember saying that.  Probably because you just wanted me to say it.  So you pretended I did.

Report Post Tip

What does "guilty by association" mean?

It means you were hanging out with someone who was committing a crime.

Collective guilt, or guilt by association, is the controversial collectivist idea that a group of humans can bear guilt above and beyond the guilt of particular members, and hence an individual holds responsibility for what other members of his group have done, even if he himself has not done this. Advanced systems of criminal law accept the principle that guilt shall only be personal. This attitude is not usually shared by other systems of law. Assumption of collective responsibility is common for feud. Such systems tend to judge the guilt of persons by their associations, classifications or organizations, which often gives rise to racial, ethnic, social and religious prejudices.[4] Collective guilt is regarded by some as impossible, because it seems to presuppose that collections of humans can have traits, such as intentions and knowledge, that strictly speaking are claimed to be truly possessed only by individuals.[citation needed] The principle of collective guilt is totally denounced in libertarian social thinking. However, there are those who consider such judgements on collective guilt to be overly reductionistic and accept the existence of collective guilt, collective responsibility, etc.[citation needed] Sometimes, the idea of collective guilt can be a form of association fallacy. Humans seem to have a natural tendency to attribute collective guilt, usually with tragic results. An example would be the denounced idea that Jews are responsible for the death of Christ, or when whites persecute African Americans.. History is filled with examples of a wronged man who tried to avenge himself, not on the person who has wronged him, but on other members of the wrong-doer's family, or ethnic group, religion, nation, tribe, or army. Likewise, collective punishment is often practiced in different settings, including schools (for instance punishing a whole class for the actions of a single unknown pupil), and, more transcendentally, in situations of war, economic sanctions, etc, presupposing the existence of collective guilt.

It has been suggested by Werner Cohn that the accusation that others apply "guilt by association" is itself a fallacy, for two reasons: 1) the term "guilt" is ambiguous. Sometimes it applies to criminal guilt, which requires a very high standard of proof ("proof beyond a reasonable doubt"). But more often, "guilt" refers to various shortcomings which require lesser standards. 2) "association" is also ambiguous. Sometimes "association" may be totally innocent, such as the association of fellow travelers on a train. But other kinds of association, for instance criminal conspiracy, are not at all innocent.

Terrorism is commonly rationalized by its practitioners on ideas of collective guilt and responsibility. Many nations have laws holding corporations, but not the individual decision-makers within them, responsible for certain kinds of acts. For example, in the United States, corporations can be fined for violating pollution laws, but the individuals who actually ordered and directed the polluting activity may not themselves be regarded as having broken any laws, since they act as corporate officers on behalf of the shareholders. This is generally known as the "corporate veil".

Do you underssstand now why ssshe died?

Report Post Tip

would you all please stop kissing roman's ass long enough to realize he essentially just said anyone who doesnt like him and would like to see his line killed will be bloodline hunted

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Rise and Fall of Idiocy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL