Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 00:52:20
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [ > - >>> ]
NFL Baby Started by: ThomasCrown on Oct 16, '20 07:18

So, as last year, I am applying my gut feel, complicated scientific analysis and because Garcia keeps telling me they are ace...the Chiefs will win.

The old man will be dominated by the younger pup.

:D

Report Post Tip

This years Super Bowl will have a host team in the bowl.   Go figure that Tom Brady happens to be on said team.  I hope that the Chiefs win big.

Report Post Tip

Talk about the world of story lines in the NFL. Ive never seen such a active offseason in my life. And I'm a HUGE NFL fan...if that wasn't obvious. 

Reason Im here though. 

"Desean Watson has just officially asked for a trade." 

Thats not news. What is news....is that this news was leaked by the Texans organization. 

As they say, let the games begin!!!

Sorry Texans fans. I feel for yall. 

Report Post Tip

Personally I think the biggest trade we'll see this offseason is where Watson lands.  Given his talent and the year he had last year (all while going 4-12), he instantly makes any team he goes to a playoff contender (minus maybe the Jets). 

I'd wager that Watson might end up on the Patriots.  They have the cap space, a respected OC, HS, Org, and draft picks to make the Pats a super star team again without gambling on a QB straight out of college.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I was going to wait for this. But here's my thinking with some of the story lines. 

First Stafford

Makes the most sense to move him to the AFC. Theres a team, that will gladly take him. And would fit him, family wise too. 

Indy, is about 2hrs from Det. His family wouldn't have to move. They can offer a bit for him to the Lions. And Stafford gets to contend. 

I wouldn't take Niners or Pats out of this discussion. If your close to competing, you almost have to swing for Stafford. Granted you have draft picks and a complete team, minus a QB. He's going to a team with a 3 year SB window. 

Next up the crown jewel of the off season. Watson the man himself. 

I think he's AFC East bound. And it makes too much sense. I expect, every team in the NFL will call for him. 

Problem is, the Texans have to get value out of this. 3 First rounders from Niners, isn't the same as 3 Firsts from Jets. 

And this can apply to any team across the board. In a perfect world. Texans want to deal with the least successful team, Watsons willing to play for. That to me is either the Jets or Miami. They have the #2 overall the Jets do. And Miami is #3 overall. No one else can match this kind of compensation. Plus, I expect Texans to flip that pick, for another two first rounders. Unless they deem it worthy to draft a QB. In that case #2 is waaaay better than #3. More on that later. 

Case for Miami...They have the #3. Have a near finished Playoff roster. Warm weather, Bikinis everywhere. Whats not to like? Well, first they dont have the kind of Wr's that would make you salivate. And that OL is a work under progress. Getting better though. That def is contender level though. 

Case for Jets. So this is usually the easy part. Jets are a horrible organization. The ownership has made like one decent decision in the last 20 years. And then they fired him promptly after, Eric Mangini. Even with all that. They have made more AFC Championship game appearances...than any team not named Pitt, Pats or Peyton Manning. So they do have that going for them.

Biggest pull here though is something very different. Robert Saleh seems to be the apple of Watson's eye. You got hall of Famers like Sherman, talking him up. Watson, apparently suggested two names for the HC search in Houston. One of them was Saleh. Another tid bit here is also the LeFleur/Shahnahan sys, that the Jets will now employ. The best QB's in that sys so far. Jimmy G, Goff and Aaron Rodgers. Id like to think, Watson would look something like the legend Rodgers...in that sys. Also, word is Watson is tight with Harden/KD. Has a business in NYC. And actually likes the city. His marketing agent is all over this too...for obvious reasons. 

Now, there are two sides to this. Texans want good compensation. So they are less likely to talk to a playoff level team. To me, this ia two horse race between NY and Miami. I think Miami would have to pay 4 First rounders to get this done. As that #3 overall is a Texans pick. And I Wish the Houston GM good luck. Trying to explain to his fans...how he got THEIR pick back for their cherished Franchise QB. Getting a over the top deal like 4 Firsts, will offset that a little. But take into account Miami is probably drafting in the mid 20's next year. 

And this is why, I think Jets are a viable place for Watson to land. They get the #2 overall. Which they can either draft a QB with, cause after trading JJ Watt, they will have a ton of picks. Or they can sell that pick to a QB needy team and trade down. And pick up 2 First round picks. Im a 100% sure, the Jets wold have to send Sam packing. Which is equivalent to a 1st or a 2nd rounder. And they will probably have to throw in one more pick, that would either be a 1st or a 2nd rounder. 

If you look at those hauls. Texans get more for the Jets picks. Cause those picks aren't going to be higher than the teens, most likely. For atleast a year or so. Jets probably wont make the playoffs till the following season. 

Curve ball...how about the Ravens. Texans just hired someone from the Ravens as HC. What if Ravens send Lamar and 2 first rounders for Watson? Who says no? Thats not a bad consolation prize for Texans. Obv, not the same draft capital haul. But it maybe something, they look at. I guess, it comes down to how the team Chaplin is feeling...

In the end. I think, unless someone blows away the Texans with tons of draft picks. I think Watson will be playing football in the AFC East. Or Baltimore. With that no trade clause. Watson holds ALL the cards. 

Report Post Tip
Id hate to see tom brady get 7 rings man he is the goat we know but fucking hell retire already he made this far because of that defense lol hope KC stomps that ass
Report Post Tip

Well I'm sorry my team lost and it was a good game so now that my team lost I guess I get to watch a few movies cuz I don't think I'll be watching the Super Bowl this time.

Report Post Tip

So here we are, with tons of SB squares sold in the game. And Im sure, some of you will ante up some bets before the big games kickoff on Sunday. But HERE WE ARE. The culmination of the NFL season. 

I remember, when this all started. There were 'experts & analysts' saying. How we would never get past week 6 or 4 or 8. With a full collision sport and COVID. However, I was always of the opinion that the NFL makes waaaay too much money. To not play out the season. And if it meant, playing with replacements...they would. No one is bigger than the shield. Well Watson, is sorta poking at that but. Well see...

Not to get into the issues of the NFL atm. As I've already hit them previously. I come here with a update of sorts. What do y'all think? Who do you think wins this weekend? Predictions for a Score

Ill start. I think it will be a high scoring game. You will see the winner break atleast 30 points. Only caveat here is. If the Bucs cant keep up. Maybe, just maybe. Then KC doesnt break 30. But that would be a 1 in 99 probabilities. And I don't see DR Strange and Tony Stark anywhere in sight. I do however see Thanos...Step forward TB12. Destroyer of worlds, conquerer of planets, collector of souls and precious stones alike. The man literally has made a living out of what cant be done. His record speaks for it self. No one can take that away from him. 

Except maybe MA HOMIE. Ooooh Yes! That boy, aint playing. KC offense is too explosive to stay down. They will score, they may start slow....AND TB12 NEEDS this soooo bad. The only way Bucs win this game. Is if they put KC in a hole. And KC likes to do that. That may catch up with them this time. They cant get too far behind. Because that Bucs defense is no joke. I expect them to bracket Tyreek. But the cheetah is a cheetah. I expect him to get loose atleast a few times. They will probably, put one of the best LBs in the country on Kelce. If you know the name White. Your a Football fan. :p

Problem then becomes. Mahomes still has Bell, Helaire, Hardman, Watkins and that Roberts guy. And they are ALL FAST. You can merely contain KC. You cant really stop them. Or not for long. 

So going back to my original point. Bucs need to get Mahomes off the field early and often. Then, run the ball philosophy may work. But tbh, how often does that work against Mahomes? Guy can literally erase a 2 TD deficit in two throws. No lead is safe. And there is no RB that can drain enough time off the clock. Hence why, TB12 will have to play his best game of the playoffs. He will have to be near perfect in the first half, to have a chance to win this game. KC can be bad, and still have a chance. Bucs, will not have that luxury. 

In the end. I think Thanos will strike first and hard. He will destroy the morale of the KC legion. But they also have a leader in their version of Captain America...why not Stark? Well, cause Mahomes, doesn't have that Bravada. He's got all the tools & resources of Stark though. And in the end. Mahomes will summon his legion. And they will score and often...

And I think we will see Mahomes lift the trophy for a 2nd time. Showing the LOAT that his title of GOAT...is very much in DANGER!!!

KC 38

TB 31

Call it a season boys and girls. Have fun on Sunday. Be good, be safe...and don't forget that mask. Party HARD! 

Report Post Tip

Also couldn't have said it better myself. MR Bot FTW

&MRBot> Belle-, Antivaxx is punishable by death via disease

Ding! Ding! Ding! 

Report Post Tip

Is there any such thing as a "host" team when the stadium is half anyway and often with lots of rich neutrals watching..

Anyway - I think Chiefs have the fire power to get over the line here..

So I fancy them 34 - 21

Report Post Tip

I will put 10 million on the line that says, TB will win the championship. Who's taking this bet?

Report Post Tip
I’m hoping the chiefs take down the bucs in the super bowl. Would be nice to see Andy Reid get another ring.
Report Post Tip
The big game is almost here, less than 24 hours away. Definitely a huge Chiefs fan tomorrow, let’s hope they run it back.

Go Chiefs!!!
Report Post Tip

Chiefs all the way!!  Pat Mahomes will takeover the game and wont look back.  Chiefs 32  Tampa Bay 24

Report Post Tip

One day the Cowboys will return to the top. That day will be a long time from now after Jerry Jones is gone and maybe Stephen Jones will be better. But someday the Cowboys will return to the Superbowl and have a dynasty squad. That will be a glorious day after all these hard years. 

For now I will give my post season support to the Bills because I like their squad and I think they have a chance in the next couple years to beat KC for the AFC championship.

But mark my words all ye Cowboys haters, We will win again and every year we will claim it is our year out of blind faith

Report Post Tip
I think it's funny that the Patriots gave Tom Brady up and they suck ass this year and Tom was able to bring the Buccaneers to the super bowl. I think the Chiefs are going to take the bowl tho, they won't be able to contain mahone, unless they injure him
Report Post Tip
I think this is going to be a great game personally chiefs take it 35-31 it’s gonna be a high scoring game the bucs are gonna need to keep up
Report Post Tip

Welp.. playoff Brady rolls again.

Although less convinced it was Brady being the GOAT and more Mahomes having no o-line and a few drops from his receivers.. alas. 

Report Post Tip

I still don't really understand this as a sport but I did watch the first quarter of the superbowl and understand it a little more now maybe I just need to watch it some more 

Hockey is still better 

Report Post Tip

I'm still convinced that Tom Brady is the devil.... Mahomes got locked out of the stadium and Gronk played catch with Brady. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: NFL Baby
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL