Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 10:52:51
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
NFL Baby Started by: ThomasCrown on Oct 16, '20 07:18

Heck of a draft this year. Should show some very interesting outcomes as the new class starts to effect the game. 

Doubly so with the heirs to Brady drafted in 2 seperate cities.

Report Post Tip

franklin no debate? That's quite the statement, especially considering moss is nowhere near rice is almost every statistical category.

Report Post Tip

tbh Wayne. Im just a huge Moss fan, trying to get credit for an outside thread post lmaoo. Jerry is Awesome! haha

Report Post Tip

Fair enough my dude, wide receiver is a fun position to argue. You could toss megatron in there. It's funny, if people used the same logic as they do to call brady "goat" they would be saying edelman is the goat WR, but no one ever seems to.

Report Post Tip
Cant it be football season again already??? Probably one of the worst things about the nfl is the wait for the next season to start. Too many months in between seasons for my liking :p
Report Post Tip

I agree with Magnolia,  wish the season could start this weekend.   Positional debates are a tough one,  a lot of it depends on the teams that they play for.  Put Randy Moss on that San Fran team and he would of produced the same if not better stats as Jerry Rice.  Moss has a much bigger catching radius than Jerry had, as well as much better qb play as well.  

Report Post Tip

I meant to say Jerry had much better qb's than Moss.  

Report Post Tip

I had been waiting to actually post in this tread. And well today. MR obliged. 

So lets start with the Jets, since. Well...this would probably be the best time to talk about them. Usually post draft is when the Jets look any decent. Its weird though, I sat and watched the draft this year. And was pleasantly surprised. I was shocked by the aptitude of the Front Office and the management. Like, this is WEIRD to me. Im not accustomed to this...if you feel my drift. 

Anyways, I think for once the management did what was necessary. And hit all their ducks properly. Id like to say, we hit it out the park. But that would be equivalent to well. Wayne and those premature....ya that! I aint trying to be the browns now. All hype and no bite. Although, they did do good. Back to them in a second. 

Sooo, yea the Jets. The GM basically traded away Sam Darnold, so he could go play with 3 competent WR's and CMC. Decent OL, No defense. And yet, thats the best roster Sam has ever played with in the NFL. If I'm Sam, I am looking over at the Jets and salivating. The Jets just gave Mr Wilson, something Sam would have literally killed for. Ghosts and all...ya know! 

Either way. Lets talk substance. They get the 2nd best QB in the draft. He's got ALL the traits. His biggest concern....durability. If he gets hurt, this may blow up in the Jets face. However, tread lightly on the pessimist train. The last time the Jets were AFC contenders, in back to back years. And when they made it easy to beat Peyton, Brady, Luck and Co....they had a legit OL. I cant even remember the last time, we had that. Well we DO NOW. 

All hail the Mountain, JD...nah not a lawyer. BUT DA MOUNTAIN. Joe Douglas. Man, came in with one singular motive. Build the fuckin WALL!!! And a wall he built alright. He took a LT last year, that everyone had concerns on...not based on talent. But well, durability. League let him slip. We basically drafted baby Ogden. Which is funny, cause JD was on the same team...when Ogden was drafted. This time around. He traded up with the firepower provided by the 'box safety' trade. Blitz boy! Thanks for AVT. Yes, a G in the first round. A guard they are comparing to DeCastro. 

Zack Wilson, worry not about your backside. The Left side is Iron Clad. RT, good. C, avg. RG....will probably be a camp battle between the rest. Kids gonna have TIME. And he wont get hit on, like his moma!!!

Soooo, all muscle and no thrust? Nah....JD wasn't having it. He went and got a WR that most had in this top 20 in the draft. A guy that has a floor of Santana Moss, a ceiling....AB. Now, yes he aint going to be AB on day one. But he's a nice weapon to have to pair with. 6'4" Cory Davis, 6'3" Denzel Mims, Crowder and Moore. None of those guys run less that 4.36. Fast, Big, and solid route runners. JD has a type. And I fucking love it. 

But wait! Theres more. With the arrival of HC Salah, we got the 49ers defense coming too. Not just their Offense. We about to run a basic Zone def. Its done well for them and Seahawks. Beauty of it ALL. You need DL, Safetys and LB's. The CB's are a luxury. So guess what. We already had a beast DL. And we added in the offseason. Rankins, Curry, JFM...a name people will come to know. Williams and Lawson. That DL will eat OL's ALIVE. Add to that Mosley, and Safetys that were drafted to play LB...in that scheme. We should be avg on defense. We had a good zone CB from last year, and we added another this year. Had a avg CB in the slot. And our Safetys are well....Mayed up! 

All in all. We should win a lot more than we did the last year. Which isn't all that big of a statement. Outdoing 2 games isn't all that much. My own prediction being a Jets fan....was 4-6 wins. Then someone reminded me, that we actually have an offense that may drive. And that LeFleurs offense alone should win that many games. I don't expect much, except some competitive games. We are still atleast one other draft and offseason away from playoff talk. But to watch JD go to work this offseason was a beautiful thing. Good things are coming!!! 

Now, id write more. But installment for another day. Browns, Vikes, Chargers...shit even the Dolphins did real good in the draft. They addressed their needs. Took players where they could. And hit some home runs. However....that will be the subject in the next few days. :p

Report Post Tip
About 3 long months left until the beginning of the season. Just have to get through the summer, can’t wait.
Report Post Tip
I’m hoping the Baltimore Ravens start to do something. It’s time for them to do something this year. Usually the Steelers knock is out of anything, every year.
Report Post Tip
CFL is better than NFL
The field is narrower and ten yards longer and we have to move the ball down the field in one less down.
Which makes the game a throwing one rather then running or punting the ball down field.
At least that is the way I feel about it.
Report Post Tip

Im eager to see how the Saints QB camp battle will turn out, and how good we will be.

Im excited to see how good we can be post-Breezy. The man was great, but his time was gone too. We lost in playoffs because of him, but its all good.

Im also excited to see the rookies play out their first snaps. Im with y'all: the season should start now! hehe

Report Post Tip

Also, what do y'all think about the Aaron Rodgers beef with the Packers? I think he will be dealt out of town in the middle of next season. They will maximize picks and build their own talent through the draft like they love to.

The camps are too far apart to be fixable.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: NFL Baby
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL