Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 16:23:39
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Favorite TV Shows / Miniseries Started by: Hugh on Nov 12, '20 13:27
Foavorite of all time is definitely Shameless - the American one. I’m pretty narrow minded I guess - I can’t do the English accents. It’s hard to see the characters a different way once you know them the first way too.

Also - The Wire is wildly underrated. If you haven’t seen it I’d recommend a try. And - of course - The Sopranos.
Report Post Tip

Definitely the Sopranos.  I've been listening to the Talking Sopranos podcast with Michael Imperioli and Steve Schrippa and then watching each episode afterwards.  That's been a good way of taking it in again, so many things that us normos might miss but Michael Imperioli picks on up a lot of directorial tricks and tips.

Report Post Tip
Indifference, I totally agree with you more about the Wire. HBO is known for the Sopranos and Game of Thrones. But The Wire pretty much started it all. Every season and episode is mind blowing. The characters are superb as well as the atmosphere and dialog. If there was top 5 TV shows of all time, it would be right up there.
Report Post Tip

Dont really watch many of these. Has to be a highly acclaimed show, for me to watch it. 

I like

Entourage

Game of Thrones

Sopranos

House of Cards

Even, Power is decent. 

Report Post Tip
I fall out of interest with almost every show I watch. Has to be something pretty great to keep my interest.
That said, I just started watching GoT again... for the 8th time lol
Report Post Tip
The Wire is like one of the top rated shows on IMDb Indifference... not sure how anyone can say that it might be underrated ;)

I’ve just been binge watching Colony the last couple weeks, pretty decent.

It’s this kind of dystopian world in which aliens have come and are now essentially “running” earth and there is a resistance etc

First few episodes are a bit slow but keep with it.
Report Post Tip

Although ancient by now, I still think Cold Feet was one of the best series ever made.

They recently made a new season or two, which isn't bad, but nowhere near as good as the first series.

Report Post Tip

I guess this one isn't one of my favourites, as I haven't watched it yet! However, I've read that there's a new miniseries starting soon on Netflix about Elisa Lam, her disappearance and ultimately her sad and untimely death. It's going to be focusing a lot on "that" CCTV footage - if you know what I'm talking about you'll know how eerie it is.

I think that this is going to be an awesome miniseries and I'm really looking forward to watching it. I'm hoping it's going to shed some light on what seems like a really peculiar case. I think it comes out in early Feb for anyone wanting to watch.

Report Post Tip
Just started watching LAs Finest, but found out it’s canceled now. Swat and The Rookie have started back up again so that’s a plus.

What’s some good shows to watch that are drama/law enforcement related?
Report Post Tip

I just started to watch suits now and that looks like a good series

Report Post Tip

Just finished The Queens Gambit after seeing it recommended in here and I must say I really enjoyed it. 

My favourite TV show has to be The Wire though. It's been years since I watched it and I think I'll start it again soon. 

Report Post Tip

The Queens Gambit is decent.

Just finished Colony, they axed it after 3 seasons - sucks when they do that shit.

About to watch The Serpent I think - miniseries based on a serial killer. 

Report Post Tip

Right now it would have to be PowerBook II ghost and I am waiting for powerbook III to come out here in the summer

Report Post Tip

Just discovered "Young & Hungry" and have been binge watching on Netflix. What a cute little show. I'm just wrapping up Season 2.

The opening intro video (Food Fight) of the show with its song is amazing.

Report Post Tip

I'll be gone in the dark is a great 6 part docuseries on hbo for anyone interested in crime/ murder stories.

Report Post Tip

Criminal Minds is forever one of the better law enforcement shows, mainly due to the profiles they give and it really set it for me, was really just awesome! 10/10 and would recommend to anyone who enjoys those types of things!

Report Post Tip

It just came to my mind that I used to follow.. and love.. House as well. Love the dark humour

Report Post Tip
I'm currently rewatching The Good Place, I just really love the cast and they are so easy to watch. But there are so many shows I binge on repeat, like Brooklyn 99 and Community. Although I might rewatch Schitts Creek again soon...so many good GIFs and one liners from that one too!
Report Post Tip

I think I'm getting old now because I've really got into the good doctor on Prime, the actor Freddie Highmore is quality, he plays an autistic surgeon with servant syndrome 

Report Post Tip
Just finished Defending Jacob on Apple TV.

Ooosh... pretty heavy watching.

Has “captain America” in it but definitely not at action or light hearted show.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Favorite TV Shows / Miniseries
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL