Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 16:53:16
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
The best Horror movies you've seen Started by: TheBeast on Dec 01, '20 18:08

Wow. That has to be one of the hardest questions I am trying to reply. 

I have seen alot of horror movies since I'm a huge fan of that kind of movies, but to chose only one? That's so hard for me.

The first one i actually saw and that freaked me out was Nightmare on Elm Street. The original one. Freddy Kreuger scared the shit out of me that evening (I was very young and watching TV alone in a room at a dinner party I was on with my parents and I had promised not to watch anything bad), it scared me so much that I had to beg my parents to sleep in bed with them so that I wouldn't get nightmares.

I'm still a bit freaked out by Freddy, but not as much to be honest.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

The Fog is an old one but when having to go outside in the fog tends to make you think just a little and not being able to really see too far you just never know what lurks. 

Report Post Tip
So when I was young Freddy, Chucky and Jason was where it was at. Honestly didn’t care much for Myers for some reason. Leprechaun was actually sort of good in its own way along with Tales from the Crypt.

They don’t make scary movies anymore or maybe I’m just older now and they no longer bother me.
Report Post Tip

As a kid, I watched The Poltergeist one time when we were visiting some family members. I remember my older cousins putting the movie on. It freaked me out when they turned off the lights, laughing. When the young girl got pulled into the tv I screamed. I can still see it so vividly in my mind. I've watched horror movies many times since then, though they are not my favourite. None ever affected me like that one did though. :O

Report Post Tip

Insidious I would say. Creepy atmosphere and manages to give jump scared quite a bit of times as well.

Report Post Tip
There’s really not too many. Most are ridiculously cheesy. The original Amityville Horror was excellent, as well as The Exorcist (which I think is fucking hilarious), and a few others. Every Friday the 13th movie was the same.
Report Post Tip

well I said insidious, cause the story to me is very real, and I have been lucid dreaming since I was a kid
so yeah Insidious is the best horror movie for me

Report Post Tip

I love horror movies and I have to admit I haven't seen some of these. Need to check out the house of 1,000 corpses for sure. I really liked the Conjuring stuff. Insidious was good too. The trilogy. 

Anything new coming out soon due to covid? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I don't get to watch alot of horror movies in my house.  I did like The Blair Witch Project.  Lots of people didn't like it but for some reason it fascinated me.

Report Post Tip

not sure if Saw movies considered as horror but its the only horror movies I have watched and its so and so.

its only about options they choose.

Report Post Tip

I think that depends on how you define horror H-E-R-O. I would certainly put them more in the Gore sub genre, but there is certainly elements of Horror to them, even if it doesn't deal with Classic Horror Tropes. I would certainly be fairly horrified to wake up in a deserted room with a corpse and a bath full of god knows what to be told if I don't solve a puzzle I'll die horrifically

I really liked the original Saw. Ruining the ending by figuring the plot out early has always been a bit of a game between my father and me. At the time, Saw was the first/only movie in a very long time that surprised both of us. 
Looking back, it shouldn't have. It was OBVIOUS. But the narrative and tableaus were laid out well enough that we overthought it to the extreme. And, frankly, that made for a very enjoyable - albeit stomach-churning - cinema experience. 

Report Post Tip

A film that always sticks in my mind, not necessarily the best horror film ever but it definitely still sticks with me is house of wax, not the one from the 50s

One scene they find out the was manaquins are people under the wax

Report Post Tip

I enjoy a lot of Korean horror movies because it's much more subtle that Western ones. The Call was my favorite one as of late, it's kinda a sci-fi thriller than horror but still quite scary. Can never watch anything with ghosts in it!

I am banned from watching them. I dont sleep well for days and have to have someone with me even when I go to the bathroom.

I did watch Human Centipede a few years ago....and well....erm....no thanks?

So many good ones but here are some of my top picks

Freddy

Jason

scream

halloween

Carrie

exorcist

Report Post Tip

Ooo Scream was one I really liked when I was younger, but then I saw them again just a few weeks ago and they were so not the same thing lol

Although I still liked them. Mostly the first one.

I've personally never been a big fan of horror movies. I end up laughing at the absurdity in them. The guts and gore in many of them doesn't scare me, it just grosses me out.

The strangers spooked me. From what I remember its about a couple living in some isolated place then at some point "the strangers" break into their house. There are some jumpscares in it but what really spooked me was the subtle camera shots of the bad guys lurking in the background without the main characters knowing.

ill admit that watching it at 2am while looking after my moms house alone was not the smartest move i have made. 

Don't miss out on this gem Kaya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbqELQHpmQM 0.30-1.00

Report Post Tip

I really really dislike horror movies. They scare me to pieces and my heart feels uneasy. Furthermore they always seem fake to me.

And no, I will not go see a 'good' one, cause I really dislike them ;)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: The best Horror movies you've seen
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL