Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 17:23:41
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What really grinds your gears? Started by: Athena on Mar 10, '21 04:17
People treating our military holidays as an excuse to skip work and act like idiots. Had more chaos in my little town than I care to list this weekend by random city assholes coming in and crashing it because of a holiday they likely know nothing about.
Report Post Tip

Well for me it's being asked if i want fries with my order, if i wanted them .. then i'd have ordered some, if i was so prone to change my mind every 15 seconds, chances are i may not even want the meal i just ordered after all. 

Report Post Tip

Anything to do with the bank! Ant letter any email any call from them just makes me go from happy to angry mad! They are Vampires! 

Report Post Tip

For me it's when they ask me if I want fries with my order. Of course I want the fucking fries. If I already ordered fries and they still ask it then I just get double fries.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Having to post a well thought out reply instead of a short sentence that should be sufficient however, it ain’t and this is what I’m doing. By the way, I’m listening to trap music, imma be a trap nurse ayyyeee

Report Post Tip
It pisses me off all the time, when a driver turns or does something wrong. But they proceed to look at you like you were the one who made the mistake. Smh
Report Post Tip

Cyclists that think most road laws don't apply to them mainly involving traffic lights and lanes. Appears I missed the part in the highway code that says a red light means cut in and go anyway if you are on a bike!!

Report Post Tip

This one's a really odd one, as I don't know why it grinds my gears but it does. It's a bit strange really, but a friend of mine always measures time in music. For example, they'll say "Lets do that, it'll only take about 30 songs to get there". And I'm always like dude what the fuck? Just use actual times like everyone else does ha-ha.

Report Post Tip

The current thing that grinds my gears is when you're shopping for items online, and the item you are looking at has different prices depending on the colour of the object. Half the time it isn't even the odd penny here or there, but quite noticeable!

Report Post Tip

This is a old thing but to this day it still grinds my gears, I was in a store that sold shoes and every shoe in the store was 50% off, however they didn't have my size and had to go into the back and get it. And they demanded full price for it. So yes that still grinds my gears.

I did not buy those damn shoes.

Report Post Tip
I have a weird pet peeve where I get really annoyed when people try to sing instruments. Like people trying to sing the guitar of Hotel California. Please don't, the guitar does such a better job without somebody's contribution. Drives me up the wall!
Report Post Tip
So many things that grinds my gears. One that I havent seen mentioned is when people talk loud on phone so everyone listens, AND they look around to make sure everyone reacts some way so he knows ppl listening.
Report Post Tip

Another annoyance to me is my memory, is it called brain fog? Where you go into a shop for say a pint of milk and buy other things instead. Only to get home to realise that you did not buy the milk! (Example). 

I refuse to believe this age related.

Report Post Tip

I'll tell you what really grinds my gears! Unrealistic responses from people on TV series'. It's hard to word but I bloody hate when they find something really spooky dooky is happening n they so chill about it. Like yet man I'm a warewolf. Oh really? Respect! Let's go to the movies together n bond. GIVE ME A BREAK 

Report Post Tip
COVID. Stupid fucking COVID.

We’re just starting to reopen as of yesterday but it’s going to be a looooong time before things are normal again, if they ever do. The screening at this point is a joke.
Report Post Tip
You know what seems to grind my gears more and more as I get older. Just people in general. Probably sounds rather shitty but yeah, a majority of people I run into anymore seems to just annoy the hell out of me lol
Report Post Tip

What really grinds my gears is, 

When you hold open the door for someone and they walk through without saying thank you.

Manners cost nothing

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Now I'm on my phone a lot for work so maybe my view is a bit jaded, but I can't stand when a client calls me and I don't answer because I'm doing something like on the phone with someone else, in the bathroom, shooting a rogue(ette) and when I don't answer, they decide to wait thirty seconds and call again.   Sometimes this goes on 4-5 times.

I have a personal rule that if someone does that then I don't call them back for an hour and if they call again in that time, I wait another hour.

Now there are exceptions, especially for like family/friends (they don't count as it's probably important if they do that) and sometimes I know there is time-sensitive business with certain clients that maybe it truly is an emergency about something but regardless, it still grinds my gears.

Report Post Tip

When you have an electronic device like an iphone or in my case just now, a security camera for my bedroom and you have to find a damn paperclip to insert into this tiny ass reset button. So I spent minutes frustrated because who has a paperclip?! Fortunately I find a #7 lead pencil. 

Report Post Tip

Money, money grinds my gears. Everything we do is for money. from birth to death. We are born to earn and born to die earning. Why is like made up like this. No, I'm not poor and I do live a jolly life, but still ... we all peasants.

And kingdoms grind my gears. Way past kingdom stuff, no need for kings and queens. Noone should be superior!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What really grinds your gears?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL