Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:21:38
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

At their closest point, the Russian and U.S. borders are less than two miles apart.

During the Cold War, the Bering Strait marked the border between the Soviet Union and the United States. The Diomede Islands—Big Diomede (Russia) and Little Diomede (US)—are only 3.8 km (2.4 mi) apart.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $298,696 Tip

If it counts, I was recently told by MRBot that the number of dollars the US is in debt is greater than the number of years that the universe has existed.. that is quite a mindblowing fact :D

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I recently learned that in the movie tombstone Doc Holliday actually says "I'm your huckle bearer." And not "huckleberry". Which is referring to carrying a casket aka killing them.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Did you know the Spaghetti sharing scene in Lady & the tramp almost never happened?

Here's why xD

It’s now one of the most famous (and parodied) scenes ever, but Walt was against that cozy pasta scene. Though he wanted the dogs to have human emotions, he just couldn’t wrap his head around two dogs romantically sharing a strand of spaghetti. If you’ve ever watched your dogs fight over a plate of leftovers, you can imagine why. Disney eventually relented after animator Frank Thomas worked up a rough draft of how it might work.

Report Post Tip
A parsec is 260000 astronomical units. I always thought a parsec was a measurement of time, not distance. Weird
Report Post Tip

Mexican Jumping Beans jump because of moth larvae inside them

As the tiny larvae inside curl up and uncurl, they hit the capsule's wall with their heads – and the bean jumps.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Termites eat wood twice as fast when listening to heavy metal music.

Studies have shown that sound vibration and sound frequency impact a termite’s behavior.
Termites use vibrations to determine what type of wood is around them so that they can choose the best food source.

Recently MrBot made a comment about squirrel poop. If you think about it, we see squirrels everywhere. They are in all neighbourhoods. You would think for the amount of squirrels around, that we would be able to see their poop. It's mind-blowing, isnt it!?

It seems the answer is quite simple:

Squirrel feces looks like small black grains of rice and their urine is very musty. You probably don't see any “poop” because it's black and small and would blend in with any soil in the area.

Report Post Tip

The world's oldest fossil, which is about 3.4 billion years old, was found in Australia

huh, the more you know apparently

Report Post Tip

Don't ask me how i found this, but it was funny as hell

the first person caught and fined for speeding was driving 8 mph!

Report Post Tip

Cast iron skillets used to be the leading source of iron in the American diet!

"When the foods were cooked in the glass dishes, their iron content was negligible: less than one milligram of iron per 100 grams of food (about 3.5 ounces). But when the foods were cooked in cast-iron pots, the spaghetti sauce picked up about 2 mg of iron per 100g of sauce, and the applesauce picked up 6 mg per 100g."

Report Post Tip
A recent random fact I saw on Instagram...

Peter Ostrum who played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory still gets royalties of approximately $8-9 per quarter.

That was also his only ever acting role.
Report Post Tip

If you point your car keys to your head, it increases the remote’s signal range. This works by using your brain to act as a radio transmitter.

Report Post Tip

Al Capone's older brother, James Vincenzo Capone was once a federal prohibition agent.

Its crazy that the two brothers were on opposite side of the law.

Report Post Tip

China uses panda's to let everyone know that they have a good diplomatic relationship with a country. they will rent the panda's only to certain countries and if they want to they can ask the panda's back.

Report Post Tip

Putting headphones up your nose and opening your mouth does NOT make your head act as an amplifier

So im chillen, right?
Watching frozen with my godchild and other nephew. And the talking snowman, ma homie Olaf goes on about how turtles can breathe out there butts. I look it up on Google, turns out to be fact.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Been munching a couple of these chocolate treats for a while now.
Do you know that the "M's" in M&Ms stand for "Mars" and "Murrie."
Report Post Tip
So pumpkins, uhhhh kiwis, avocados and alot more that seem awkward as well are actually berries, and things like strawberries and raspberries actually are not truly a "berry".

"Several of the most popular edible fruits referred to as berries are not berries. In a botany, if a fruit contains drupes (a fleshy fruit with thin skin and a central stone containing the seed), it does not classify as a berry, though we can continue to call them berries in the culinary world. For example strawberry, raspberry."

A "berry" is a fleshy fruit that was formed from the ovary of a single flower, and they generally have several seeds.
Report Post Tip

If you gathered every human on the planet and made them hold hands all the way along the equator, a very significant number of them would drown.

It's facts like this which can help keep us all sane.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL