Apr 26 - 05:29:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

What Schlub means:

schlub

/SHləb/

noun

DEROGATORY•INFORMAL

1. a talentless, unattractive, or boorish person.

Brings new meaning to Shaft a Schlub.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Turtles are the cause of most of the worlds deforestation.
Report Post Tip

Though it's uncommon—since humans bathe more than your typical animal, and don't shed as much hair or skin—some animals can still be allergic to humans, according to Popular Science. However, it's more often because of the perfume or cologne we wear, or the soap we use.

Report Post Tip

'Children of identical twins are genetically siblings, not cousins.'

While incredibly interesting, this still seems creepy af to me. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

If it;s really hot and you have fever, the heat doesn;t really bother you. I always thought that it would be the exact opposite and having fever during Summers would be just miserable but I was wrong. 

Report Post Tip
Neutron stars are one of the possible evolutionary end-points of high mass stars. They're born in a core-collapse supernova star explosion and subsequently rotate extremely rapidly as a consequence of their physics. Neutron stars can rotate up to 60 times per second after born. Under special circumstances, this rate can increase to more than 600 times per second.
Report Post Tip

I've learned recently that you can pop the seed of an avocado by just pushing the back part where the skin is instead of trying to pop it out with the knife and hands. 

1:1 Vinegar and water in a glass. Heat it up until boiling in microwave until it's all steamy inside. It removes hard water from glass cups and then after you can clean your inner microwave with a paper towel. Just wipe all the condensation off the inner walls. Boom.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The air you breathe in a train station is 15% human skin... And speaking of skin, on average, you'll shed about 40 pounds of it in your lifetime. I can find way more gross (as well as morbid) facts than this, so this is light stuff :D

Report Post Tip
Oceans have an average depth of 12,100 feet, and because light waves can only penetrate 330 feet of water, everything below that point is dark. Seeing as water makes up most of the planet, this means that most of Earth exists in absolute darkness all the time.
Report Post Tip

My partner recently moved in with me, they had had dogs in the past and I have one. I ran out of dog treats for a few days. So he opened a tin of custard!!! Turns out dogs bloody LOVE custard!! You live and learn! They also like ice cream too! 

Report Post Tip
Liechtenstein and Haiti had the same flag but Liechtenstein only realised when they both competed in the 1936 Olympics. In 1937 Liechtenstein added a crown to their flag.
Report Post Tip

The banana flavour that we have from artificial flavourings in sweets etc is so different from the actual taste of bananas because the type of banana which the flavourings are imitating went extinct.

Report Post Tip

The Earl of Sandwich who is credited with creating..well, sandwiches apparently did it because he was an extreme gambler and wanted to keep playing without needing to get up from his table. Nice vibes.

Report Post Tip
Only female mosquitoes bite and drink blood. Males are vegetarian.

Thanks again Radom facts that pop up in my social media feeds
Report Post Tip

The reason there are basically no great white sharks in aquariums is because they die very quickly in captivity. It is speculated that there might be a link between the electricity in the building and the shark's systems for navigation.

Report Post Tip

Sinister is the Latin word meaning 'on the left side'. A left-handed person can be described as sinister. 

Being left-handed became associated with evil by early Christians due to biblical scripture describing God saving those on the right of judgment implying those on the left are condemned. The vast majority of the population being right handed perpetuated the fear of 'sinister' people.

By the 14th century, sinister had two definitions;

1) giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen

2) of, on, or towards the left-hand side

Report Post Tip

When people talk about the 90's now it's the equivalent of people talking about the 60's in the 90's. Terrifying

Report Post Tip

There is no point in arguing with someone who has a closed mind. People with a closed mind mentality will never look at All the variables being presented. Only the ones that benefit them the most.

Report Post Tip

Ant Eaters can apparently fight off and even kill Jaguars... sounds impossible, but I actually found a video of an ant eater making a jaguar retreat. Kinda cool lol

Report Post Tip

Bengal tigers, mountain gorillas, orangutans, jaguars, and blue poison dart frogs are just a few of the magnificent animals found in rainforests. Sadly, many of these species are on the brink of extinction, and their continued existence is crucial to maintaining the balance of marvelously efficient but delicate rainforest ecosystems.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL