Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 22:23:51
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

According to Ancient History Encyclopedia, when a pet cat died in Ancient Egyptian times the family members would shave off their eyebrows in mourning. And the oldest known pet cat existed 9,500 years ago, not in Egypt but in Cyprus.

Report Post Tip
The Porche Boxter is also known as the poor man's Porche.

I recently found that out, interesting right ?
Report Post Tip

Rabbits incisors grow continuously (actually all rodents do) which is why they need something to gnaw on, such as the hay you put in their home. Also, no you shouldn't be feeding your rabbit iceberg lettuce, though some lettuces are ok. 

Report Post Tip
  • The Gobi Desert is located in the north of China and the south of Mongolia. It is growing at a fast rate due to desertification, a process that turns fertile lands into desert areas. It is caused by humans cutting down forests, droughts, climate change and other environmental factors.

Report Post Tip

facebook has more users then all the pepole in the unitedstate and chinae togther

Report Post Tip

I recently learned that Donald Trump was reinstated as President a few days ago.  That the Biden administration has been illegitimate this entire time and they haven't even been in the White House the entire time.  They've really been on a sound stage in Georgia and the main stream media has been assisting them in hoodwinking the American public.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I just learned that there are really only 3 hell's kitchens in the world by Gordon Ramsey.   I always thought there were a bunch around the country and world but apparently I was wrong.    Vegas, Lake Tahoe and Dubai are the only ones.

Report Post Tip

Damn, i didn't know about that fact Marsh. I thought that he had few hell's kitchens in the world aswell. Thank you by sharing it. I love to watch that program.

Report Post Tip
Well a fact that I know is now that the US has extracted themselves from Afghanistan… it’s definitely going erupt at some point. This really makes me sad for the people in the Middle East. I am happy ultimately that we aren’t going to lose anymore soldiers for awhile because of it… but it’s saddening still :(.
Report Post Tip

A random fact that I just learned was that New York was named New Orange for a brief time. Now I Am just picturing oranges rolling along the streets, giving birth to new oranges. I know this isn't how it works but my imagination is good.

Report Post Tip
Considering how much they are in the news now, did a bit of reading about them and apparently, the word 'Taliban' literally means 'students' as the movement was initially students of a particular leader.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I have to owe this one to Triviabot, I just found out that the ashes of magnesium is actually heavier than the metal itself, I had to look it up and in so many words, the magnesium reacting with the fire oxidizes it making it a whole new compound, making it heavier than the originating element. It just kind of blew my mind and I needed to do a little bit more digging about it. Pretty fuckin neat.

Report Post Tip

All the current Covid vaccines attack same protein spike on the virus; even though it has another 27 candidates.

Hoping someone starts up a new vaccine to really two hand punch this thing.

Report Post Tip

Oranges are not naturally occurring. They are a hybrid of tangerines and pomelos - Im guessing the person who invented them is kicking themselves for not having a patent!

Report Post Tip

The sell by date on a packet of Walkers crisps is always a Saturday. Not sure if this is something generic in the crisp industry or just their thing.

Report Post Tip
Any surface or item you look at, you already know what it would feel like if you licked it even if you've never done it before
Report Post Tip

Which continent is the largest continent in the world?

Most people recognize seven continents—Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia, from largest to smallest—although sometimes Europe and Asia are considered a single continent, Eurasia.

Report Post Tip

The average person walks the equivalent of five times around the Earth in their lifetime. I feel like I do that in just a day. 

Report Post Tip

I learnt that there are some cool lawyers in Texas. The hammer wielding Jim Adler the Texas hammer and the Law Hawk, Bryan Wilson. Should check out their commercials, its hilarious.

Report Post Tip

Tights come down and Mites go up.  This of course refers to Stalactites and Stalagmites and if/when then meet in the middle it is called a pillar.

Another example of the wonders of nature :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL