Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 07:17:43
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [ > - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

Did you know ketchup used to be sold as medicine? People with indigestion were given a prescription for the condiment in the past.

Also, we spent the average of 1 year in the toilet during our lives!  😂

Report Post Tip

i was thinking sun blow up and in school the book sad it would i fould out it would get so big the world  would be in sun , it would die out one day

Report Post Tip
Whales participate in playing with seaweed as hats on long open crossings it thought to be playfully however it might be a treatment for barnacles around the head.
Report Post Tip

Various exploratory, scientific and tourist settlements have existed in Antarctica long enough for an Antarctic-English dialect to develop, heavily influenced by the primarily South American and Northern European explorers who led expeditions there throughout the 19th and 20th century

Report Post Tip

Plato wasn't Plato's real name, it was believed to be a nickname given to him by his wrestling coach, which he adopted as a pen name. Plato was a reference to his girth, as he was not just a keen mind but also a broad-shouldered brute. 

Report Post Tip

Bet you didn't know.....

• It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow. ...
  • A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
  • A shrimp's heart is in its head.
  • It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
Report Post Tip

I recently found out how interesting naked mole rats are for being mammals. They usually don't regulate body temperature (though in case of an infection they can get fever), and only one female of the "pack" reproduces, kinda like ants and bees.

Report Post Tip

The fear of long words is called Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

think about going to the doctor for this fear. and he says this ... I would shit my pants if i had this fear xD

for the people who has this ... sorry :P

Report Post Tip

Nice fact there Streetfame, crazy that the 2nd longest word in the English dictionary is used as the word to describe a fear of long words!

I recently found out that anemone fish (I.e. Clownfish, like Nemo) change their gender in certain scenarios and that if they lose the female, the largest male in the group will change to being the female, the next male in the group will then become their partner. So in the case of the movie finding Nemo, his Dad is actually going to change to be his wife so instead of hunting down his son, he's hunting down his mate.

Gives a whole creepier angle to the movie.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My favorite fact is that cleopatra was born closer to present day than to the building of the great pyramid at Giza. In fact, there are texts from her reign about ancient egyptian archeologists studying ancient egypt.

Report Post Tip

Leonardo Davinci came up with newtons laws of physics 200 years before Isaac Newton did. He also figured out fluid dynamics

Report Post Tip

About 10 years after Johnny Cash released "I Walk The Line", his younger brother Tommy Cash released a single called "I Didn't Walk The Line". Tommy would go on to have a moderately successful career as a country singer before becoming a real estate agent in Tennessee. 

Report Post Tip

The green code at the start of the Matrix is a recipe for sushi. I think this is great! :D

Report Post Tip

Los Angeles is the “City of Angels” but officially it’s apparently “The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of Porciuncula", English for El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles when it was first settled by the Spanish back in 1781. It entirely relied on the indigenous population during the early days to remain sustainable.

Report Post Tip

Mustard will help you if you have indigestion, headaches, and cramps. Just squirt some in your mouth wait a few  minutes, if things are still causing you discomfort rinse and repeat, eventually your system will level out.

Indigestion (heartburn, acid reflux): Curcumin is a bright yellow chemical that is produced by plants of the Curcuma longa species and it is a component of the spice turmeric which is why it is yellow. Turmeric is a key ingredient in yellow mustard & curry.&nbsp; Curcumin helps to calm the digestive system.

(I will talk about how it helps headaches on my next random fact) :P

The actor who plays Newt Geiszler in Pacific Rim was regularly getting shocked by one of the props and didn't think much of it until Burn Gorman put the prop on and immediately asked the prop department if that was supposed to happen.  It was NOT. 

Report Post Tip

There's a man from Mumbai who sued his parents for giving birth to him, citing that it is unethical to bring a child into the world and that the planet would be better off in general by phasing out humanity at large. His mother also said that if she'd met him before he was born maybe she would've had second thoughts

The whole tinfoil hat look commonly stereotyped towards conspiracy theorists doesn't make a lot of sense because if anything the tinfoil would amplify any signal or message rather than protect someone from it, so they'd just be getting got extra hard

Report Post Tip

Remember when I said I would talk about how mustard helps headaches, well here is how. So basically the way it works is if you squirt some in your mouth the heat from the water and mustard will draw down that vascular congestion and aide those constricted blood vessels in releasing as it relates to your head, this will bring blood flow back to your feet and less blood flow to your head, and will alleviate the pain. 

Report Post Tip

The 'This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, is purely coincidental' disclaimer that you see in Hollywood movies was first put in use and made standard practice after one of Rasputin's assassins successfully sued MGM over inaccurately depicting the assassination in their Rasputin biopic

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL