Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:29:18
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 … [ > - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

Some squirrel facts to read while you eat your acorns:

Squirrels can be found on every continent apart from Antarctica and Australia.

Squirrels usually live in trees, but they are also known to burrow occasionally.

Baby squirrels are called kittens, awww cute.

Report Post Tip

During the First Taiwan Strait Crisis in 1954 about a week into it after the ROC began shelling Taiwan. The U.S Joint Chiefs of Staff under President Eisenhower thought it'd be okay to drop nukes on China.

Report Post Tip

The Russians have a proverb for "china's final warning" meaning an empty threat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%27s_final_warning

Pretty amusing considering the recent Taiwan incident.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Paperinik,  A bit like the ukranian one million man counter-offensive.
The ukrainian counter-offensive has been delayed so much (maybe it went the wrong way and is lost in some forest) that the Russian Armed Forces got tired of waiting, so they decided to help and assisit ukraine and are doing it for them instead.

Report Post Tip

If I played 24 hours per day for a year straight, it still wouldn’t add up to the hours I’ve already spent playing this game.

that - is depressing. I’m a nerd.

Jackie Chan is a singer, apparently a big one in China, with a long discography. I had no idea.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

More than 20 million meteoroids enter Earth's atmosphere every day.

Pain travels through your body at 350 ft. per second.

Report Post Tip

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.  wow thats mind boggling lol

The "twit" and the "twoo" are not sounds made by the same owl. This is actually and male and female conversing with each other. 

Report Post Tip

Penguins can grow to 100 lb. I always pictured them as these little creatures, maybe 50 lb max but they max out at 100 lb. Big difference there. I was amazed

Mary and James are the most popular names around the world.

Between the years of 1917 to 2016, over 5 million baby boys were named James. On the other hand, over 3.5 million baby girls were named Mary. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Wisdom teeth serve no purpose. They’re left over from hundreds of thousands of years ago. As early humans’ brains grew bigger, it reduced space in the mouth, crowding out this third set of molars.

Report Post Tip

The first person convicted of speeding was going eight mph.

If all of the kangaroos in Australia attacked Denmark, every Dane in the country would have to fight seven kangaroos.

Studies have indicated rats dream about getting to food or running through mazes. Most mammals go through REM sleep, the cycle in which dreams occur, so scientists think there’s a good chance they all dream.

Now i got curious about if it's true or not and how is the dreams.

Zelensky didn't know to speak Ukrainian before being elected, he always spoke in Russian. He quickly learned it after being elected to be able to speak it fluently in public. So he's also an example of someone russophone, but not russophile.

There were archaeologists in Ancient Greece because - and this bit blows my mind - Cleopatra was born closer to the invention of Crypto Currency than the building of the Pyramids of Giza.

In 1913, the French newspaper Le Figaro ran a story about chickens bred by French farmers to throw themselves under cars so that the farmers could earn compensation from their deaths. 

I recently found out that pugs are 100% produced in a lab. due to all the breeding to make the perfect looking pug, it has severely damaged the species health to where they struggle to breath and other serious conditions. so sad :(

A newborn blue whale gains about 200 pounds a day during its first year

Blue whale calves enter the world already ranking among the planet's largest creatures. After about a year inside its mother's womb, a baby blue whale emerges weighing up to 3 tons and stretching to 25 feet. It gorges on nothing but mother's milk and gains about 200 pounds every day for its first year

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL