Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:55:08
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49
The reason why Delaware was always an independent state is because it used to be New Sweden.
Report Post Tip
Kleenex, the tissue was originally meant to be used as a filter for gas masks worn by soldiers in the trenches during world war 1. However, the makers were never able to get it just right and when the war was over, they tried to make it smoother and then sold it as a face tissue instead.
Report Post Tip

I recently found out that the plural for octopus is undecided in the English language, both octopuses and octopi are both considered acceptable.

Report Post Tip

The unit weight of asphalt comes out to by 111 lbs per sy.  If that isn't completely a useless fact for anyone outside of construction, I don't know what is.  LOL

Report Post Tip

The Isabella toger moth lives in the US and southern Canada and can live in cold climates. It freezes in the winter, but lives through it because of cryoprotectants in its body.

Report Post Tip

That people, whom we know are not in any way decent, get enough simps around to cheer them on and they grow a big amount of self-entitlement inflating already giant egos

Report Post Tip

Well! I learnt a new fact today and thought it would be a good one to lay down on here! I was speaking to my sister today, who works in fashion. We got talking about how her job was going and that sort of stuff and she moved onto discussing Louboutin shoes. I mean, I'm okay with fashion, but I'm by no means a guru... Anyway, I didn't really know what these were and said I'd never heard of them before, to which she replied "You have, they're the high heels with the red souls, you've seen the pairs I have". Anyway, while that conversation took place, she made me aware that these souls were inspired by Andy Warhol and his drawing "Flowers". So there ya go, fact of the day :D

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

So, I just found this out recently but apparently when you are checking out at one of those self check outs. Instead of placing 1 bill at a time you can put a stack in there. Also the coin slot opens up and you can dump a bunch in there. Mind blown...

Report Post Tip

As part of learning to cook with a new Italien friend I learnt that appparently a single strand of spagetti is called a spaghetto. It might be a complete wind up though. Si guess spagetti is the plural then!

Report Post Tip
The fact is we are all fungus. I watched a documentary about fungus and how everything living is a form of fungi. I put the show on to try to fall asleep to something boring and ended up really into it and couldn’t stop watching it.
Report Post Tip

Sharks have been on the planet longer than trees. The first trees appeared 340 million years ago, where as sharks have been around about 400 million yeats.

Report Post Tip

I learned that the Brits use the metric system of stones to measure "body weigth"!!! 

Using stones as a measurement method shows how flexible someone can be in change since I am assuming this metric system comes from the time they were building stonehenge.

Some crazy nsync fan paid over $1000 for Justin Timberlakes half eaten French toast. She freeze dried it, sealed it, and has kept it on her dresser since the early 2000s.

In 1964, Mafia Capo Gregory Scarpa was recruited by the FBI to find information on the murders of 3 civil rights activists by the KKK using extrajudicial methods. He attained the location of the bodies by pistol-whipping a Klansman and putting a gun in his mouth.

I found this interesting  :P

Report Post Tip
Just realized I am the greatest ever. Took me this long to tap into my inner self. Hope you all see how great you all are. Stay blessed
Report Post Tip

Not sure if this is actually true or not, because the source is questionable...but I heard that Albert Einstein married his cousin. This is particularly disturbing to me because I always admired Einstein, but my purpose in life is to eliminate everyone from West Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, and every other place where people make a habit out of inbreeding.

Report Post Tip

Apparently if we became zombies, then the sun and the maggots won't let them survive for more than 2 weeks tops! As they will completely decomposed and done for 

Report Post Tip
Cant remember if this is true for all cities but apparently in a city you're never more than 10 feet away from a rat
Report Post Tip

Whenever you think of our world as advanced and civilized, whenever you think that humans are pinnacle of evolution. Remember that Adolf Hitler was nominated for no less than... NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WOOO!

Report Post Tip

Did you know that humans have 206 bones, cats on average have 244 and they can jump five times their height. I love cats. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL