Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 17:02:31
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

I recently watched a programme about Migraines and discovered for chronic cases they can give the person botox injections.  There was one women that had to had around 20-30 injections in her forehead and wasn't particularly keen on needles but apparently it blocks the pain signals to the brain so felt it was worth a shot.  I'm glad I suffer from only one or two a year!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I found out today that the term Top Dog and Underdog come from old day Sawyers. They used to dig a trench, roll a log over the trench, then one would stand on top of the log (top dog) and the other under the log in the trench (underdog) and together they would saw the log into planks to build ships and houses.

Report Post Tip

Recently watched a YT video on the comparisons between radial flux motors and axial flux motors for electric vehicles. Stuff is pretty high-level but interesting to learn about. 

https://youtu.be/8EEVPVNJHjM

Report Post Tip

Male giraffes head butting female giraffes in the tummy area, so the female giraffe pees, then the male tastes her pee which allows him to  determine whether the female is ovulating. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
If you get caught smuggling chewing gum into Singapore, first time offenders can get upto £49,000 fine and 2 years in jail!
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Honey hunters in Mozambique use special calls to recruit the services of birds known as honeyguides. The birds lead the humans to bees' nests and in return, they get the leftover beeswax.

Report Post Tip
You being born is a one in a 400 trillion chance.

Amazing once you think about it
Report Post Tip

I think it really random fact but also a good fact is that sharks have to keep swimming or they will die but also the sharks owner responsible for like 1% of death anywhere but everyone fears him

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Saw this somewhere the other day and thought what the fuck lol

"The first person convicted of speeding was going eight mph."

how do you consider that being fast. People can run faster than that. strange

Report Post Tip

I recently had it proved beyonda a shadow of a doubt that people are fucking idiots.

and that's why all american machines are over-guarded to hell and back...

Report Post Tip

After running across the shoebill stork on accident. I learned it uses its the tip of its bill to stabs its prey or completely remove their head. Its pretty gnarly bird.

Whilst randomly reading Wikipedia, I got into undersea cables - a really cool read all in all, but I found this bit to be hilarious:

In March 2007, pirates stole an 11-kilometre (7 mi) section of the T-V-H submarine cable that connected ThailandVietnam, and Hong Kong, afflicting Vietnam's Internet users with far slower speeds. The thieves attempted to sell the 100 tons of cable as scrap.

Imagine being a pirate and having the balls to just chop 100 tons of cable off of an international undersea cable and try to sell it off as scrap lol. 

Report Post Tip

“You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than a poisonous spider.”

I always knew alcohol would be the reason for my death.

Report Post Tip

One of President John Tyler’s grandsons is still alive today—and he was born in 1790. How is this possible? President Tyler, the 10th US president, was 63 when his son Lyon Tyler was born in 1853; Lyon’s son was born when he was 75. President Tyler’s living grandson, Harrison Tyler is 92.

Report Post Tip

I just read that, unlike in Europe, in the US sports teams don't have youth teams, that are instead part of high school and college teams. Didn't knew it was so much different than here.

Report Post Tip

I recently read that your eyes are the last part of you to stop working after you die… they dilate.

Not sure whether to put that one in the joke section or not though :D

not all oranges are orange in color despite their name, the fruit is often green when ripe, thanks to plenty of chlorophyll. In South America and other tropical locales, oranges are green year round. But where it's colder, oranges lose their chlorophyll and take on the color that matches their name and because western shoppers are used to oranges that are actually orange, imported fruit is either exposed to ethylene gas or shocked with cold water in order to remove the chlorophyll.

Report Post Tip

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different. So when you're making sure the body can't be identified, don't forget to remove the tongue as well, folks! 

Report Post Tip
So we think our country is big, or the ocean, or earth, or even our solar system. But there is a star where it's radius (half its length) is the same as the distance between our Sun and Jupiter. It would essentially swallow our solar system up. Kinda makes you feel insignificant when you consider the vastness of the universe. So next time you start stressing if someone likes you, or why you didn't get a like on Facebook, just remember, you are nothing.
Report Post Tip

Only just recently found out that Chickens are the closest living descendant of the T-Rex and not alligators (which are the second closest).

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL