Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 07:49:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

In 1233-34, the Catholic Church and those loyal to it (which was virtually everyone in Western Europe) began to exterminate cats.

Due to the significant growth of rats from the lack of "hunters", disease began to spread.

Between 1346 – 1353 the Black Plague ravaged Europe, spread by rats, among other reasons, and killed a grand portion of the world.

Report Post Tip

There is an endangered colony of birds invading my fishing spot..i only know they're endangered cause all the good spots are roped off . >:(

Report Post Tip

The original title of Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice was First Impression.

I had read this novel before but didn't know it had a different name. A few days ago, i was reading the notes in the book and it said the first edition was called First Impression. Not a shocking fact or anything, but I found it interesting... A little bit :p

Report Post Tip
I started that Seaspiracy on netflix. I found out that Starbucks is retarded and that plastic straws only make up 0.0000005% of all the plastic in the ocean. Also that like 48% of all the trash and plastic in the ocean is from human waste or what not...the real killer is 52% of all the shit in the ocean is from the fishing industry. Old nets and shit make up most of the plastic thats killing the ocean life which in hindsight is killing us
Report Post Tip

The world's tallest volcano is Mauna Kea in Hawaii is 13,796 feet (4,207 meters). The world's largest volcano is Mauna Loa at 13678 ft (4,169 meters). They rise up from the bottom of the ocean.

Measuring Mauna Kea from the base of the ocean to its peak it is 10,203 meters, which is taller than Mt. Everest. 

Report Post Tip
So the wife just learned this from work and shared it with me all of 2 mins ago: if you win over $600 in NJ, the store can't pay it out. This is because the state checks for delinquent taxes, owed alimony, delinquent credit cards, etc. And they will always pay that out before paying the winner.

So SLPT for single moms: have a deadbeat baby daddy? Encourage him to win the lottery, cuz you will get paid first if he wins big. Lol
Report Post Tip

The cast of "Friends" still earns around $20 million each year.

That actually surprised the hell outta me. Stay home, do nothing, still make that kinda bank from a show that ended 17 years ago. Madness.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Compared to their immigrant footprint/raw numbers, there are far more Thai restaurants in the United States than would be expected because the Thai government decided to embark on a culinary diplomacy plan that funded the majority of these restaurants with grants.  There was even specificity in the level of grant dependent on whether you wanted to go for more hole in the wall, or more opulent.

Report Post Tip

There are more planes deep sunk in the sea than ships wrecked in the sky

FACTO

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Man so many things I've learned or well re-leearned recently i should say. Main one is I am a complete fuck up and should not expect much from what is left of my sad life lol. Second most people on here fucking suck and you can't trust usually. Really depends on the person I guess and situation.  Third god I am just completely shot the fuck out and do not know how I have accomplished shit I have on here lol

Report Post Tip

A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for approximately sixty-nine years

A doctor treated Osborne and told him he likely broke a blood vessel in his brain when he fell. The result: He damaged the part of his brain that may have inhibited the hiccup response.

i recently learned there was once war fought between Chad and Libya using Toyota Hilux's, and Toyota responded in a hilarious fashion when asked about how they felt about their trucks being used in war.

I have been looking at Instagram too much recently and the Japenese word Kuchi zamishi means that you eat when you are not hungry because your mouth is lonely.

I have since taken up the art of Kuchi zamishi becuase lets face it who wants thier mouth to be lonely

Report Post Tip
Women in North Korea make up almost half of the total workforce. 
A mother receives five months of paid maternity leave

A donkey’s eyes are positioned so that it can see all four of its feet at the same time.

"A donkey can see all of its feet at once because of the wide spacing of the eyes on its head.

This eye positioning gives donkeys high quality peripheral vision so they have a nearly 360 degree view of their surroundings."

Report Post Tip

The average life span of a hermit crab is 75 years.

"According to many hermit crab enthusiasts, properly cared for crabs can live to be 75 years old whereas the typical hermit crab taken home by vacationers lives for a couple of weeks or months. The average lifespan for hermit crabs in the wild is 25 years."

Report Post Tip

In the Philippines, McDonald’s serves spaghetti

The pasta comes with a beef tomato sauce and a piece of “McDo” fried chicken. The golden arches just got more, diverse I guess.... Big Mac and fries to go. Or is that more karaoke than eating choices??

Report Post Tip
I'm a big fan of wars so
Recently I got to find out the ridiculously high number of Soviets that died during WW2. I always thought that the reason why the nazis lost was because of 2 open fronts which would technically be true but one of the main reasons is actually because the soviets kept one upping them in terms of bodies. They were willing to sacrifice as many people as necessary in order to win, which in turn made the nazis pull troops from the Allied side... crazy
Report Post Tip

Nuclear definitely. I'm a red blooded American and am all about the flag waving and beer drinking, but I think it's pretty clear that the Soviet Union would have eventually overcame the Germans even without Tom Hanks storming the beaches in France. The failure of Operation Barbosa and then the Battle of Stalingrad....man, can you imagine how tough men were back then? Now we get offended when someone doesn't wear a mask in starbucks while I get my honey moca frapachino 

Report Post Tip
I found out yesterday that agave has the same sweeting power as sugar but half its calories. And cos it’s mainly frutosis its a much healthier option. So basically we found a good replacement for sugar. My girlfriend make some cakes with it and they are still very good.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL