Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 07:40:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

"Each year 16 million thunderstorms happen around the world, and at any given moment, there are about 2,000 thunderstorms in progress."

*looks outside*

Hmmm... well it is raining here, so yeah I guess it's correct-ish.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

A chef's hat has exactly 100 pleats. Officially known as a "toque", it is traditionally made with 100 pleats, meant to represent the 100 ways to cook an egg.

Report Post Tip

the song Gangsta's in Paradise by Coolio was the first Rapper song to sell a million copies? Is this true? I thought I seen this info on wikipedia and if it is it blew my mind.

Report Post Tip

It's not really new or unusual. In American school, we don't learn how historic lines match up. Meaning that I didn't realize that the Christ was born AFTER Western Europe was settled. Vikings located North America 1900 years BEFORE Amerigo Vespucci did. All this among many others.

Report Post Tip

Harry Truman was one of the poorest presidents of the US, with a net worth way below 1 million USD. He's responsible for the president pension fund.

Report Post Tip
The first person convicted of speeding was going eight miles per hour.

According to Guinness World Records, the first person to be charged with speeding was Walter Arnold of the English village of Paddock Wood, Kent. On Jan. 28, 1896, Arnold was spotted going four times the speed limit in his 19th-century Benz—but since the speed limit at the time was just two miles per hour, that meant he was not going too fast by today's standards. The constable had to chase him down on his bicycle, issuing a ticket for £4 7s and earning Arnold the speedy distinction.
Report Post Tip
When you breathe through your nose you only breathe through one nostril at a time, and it switches roughly every twenty minutes.
Report Post Tip
I'm not the only one with a twisted sense o of humor
Report Post Tip

Shibari (or Japanese Rope Bondage) evolved from a martial art known as Hojōjutsu. It focused on subduing and restraining of prisoners/criminals/etc nonlethally with a length of strong cord. The Japanese had to come up with creative ways to restrain people due to the lack of iron on their island and thus the shortage shackles, manacles, handcuffs and so on. They were too busy using the metal to forge katanas so they can chop each other.

Report Post Tip

People push you to your limits, and when you finally fight back you are the one who is in the wrong and they think you are the mean one.

Report Post Tip

Men started the trend of high heels with persian cavalry soldiers as could better grip into the stirrups,  it then became an upper middle class thing to say I own horses,  women just followed in their footsteps.

Report Post Tip
Chandler Jones , Line backer for the Arizona cardinals , arithmetic jones DE that played for the ravens I think and Jon jones Best ufc fighter of all time are brothers . That family got them M’s they are tough in their respective sports . That’s crazy that’s how lavar ball want his kids to be like .
Report Post Tip

A random fact that I just recently found out about is that Father_OMalley is not an actual priest. He has had no training and has never been ordained. 

I'm not sure how he could possibly run around claiming to be of the holy order. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Was Googling it because of a discussion with a parent (go figure):

Reading in poor lighting or using a computer in the dark does not in fact have any negative effects on your vision.

Report Post Tip
Lung fish are more closely related to humans than they are to sharks.

Lizards and crocodiles are more distantly related to each other than Crocodiles and chickens.

Seems Ridiculous but it's true
Report Post Tip

A random fact that I just recently found out about is that Father_OMalley is not an actual priest. He has had no training and has never been ordained. 

I'm not sure how he could possibly run around claiming to be of the holy order. 

Reply by: Reorx at Jul 15, '21 04:29

He's a fraud?! All them hours alone in the confession box... And he was lying to me?! :(

No two genomes in different beings are really identical, not even in uniovular twins. A Crayfish is more of an individual than for example an alga, such as a ribbon of kelp, although the alga often differs from others of its kind much more than a crayfish ever does.

Report Post Tip
The fact that Dentists are so overpaid in poor and less developed countries aswell.I thaught most of them are well paid but as it turns out you can make even more money if you are working in a poor country...
Report Post Tip

I recently got told that no number before one thousand has the letter A in it (the and doesn't count) 

Report Post Tip
There is a credible, widely held conspiracy theory that the Titanic never sunk. It's sister ship was deliberately sunk for insurance money, going down with a few of JP Morgans foremost rivals.

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL