Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 04:05:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

George HW Bush, the future President of the United States, narrowly avoided a diabolical fate when his plane was shot down during a bombing raid against Japan. He was picked up by the Allies, but all the other men on the same raid were captured by Japanese officers who proceeded to torture, execute, cook and eat them, in one of the grisliest war crimes of the whole conflict.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I recently found out that a lot of insects are disgusted by us. If for example you touch a roach and it escapes alive it will spend a long time washing the human stink off of itself. Kind of puts is all in perspective, huh?

Report Post Tip
There are more historic artefacts under the sea than in all of the world’s museums...

Around 1,000 shipwrecks lie off the Florida Keys alone, some of which are within the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Other underwater museums have been created in recent years, including the Mediterranean’s submerged bronze statue, Christ of the Abyss.
Report Post Tip

well i think most people found this out recently. but owls having long legs and knees. didnt quite understand what i was seeing at first but yeah learn something new every day. still love owls though even though they dont look right anymore.

Report Post Tip

You can actually always see your own nose and your own tongue doesn't fit in your mouth properly, now they will bug you for hours your welcome.

Report Post Tip

Michael Crichton died in 2008. I thought he was still alive. I was reading one of his books thinking, Gee, it's been awhile, and thought it was new, but it was just 'new to me'

Amazing storyteller - something we all know for sure. Random I am just picking this up. More sad. I can do better.

Report Post Tip

Humans are the only animals that blush. WE are also the only ones that 'feel' embarassement. It's something to do with needing to understand other peoples emotions and reactions that leads to both. Charles Dareins said that blushing was the most peculiar and human of all expressions.....

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

You can boil water using, in effect low air pressure

Water with a head of pressure somewhat lower than that of atmospheric pressure will boil at room temperature.

For example. Place a bucket of water at ground level run a hose up 3 stories (say 25m or so) and connect it to a bottle.

Make sure there are no air voids, the water in the bottle will start to boil.

Report Post Tip
Abraham Lincoln once won a case by using the position of the moon on the night of an alleged crime to prove that the witness didnt have enough light to see
Report Post Tip
If the earth stopped we would all die instantly. The laws of science have deemed it so.
Report Post Tip

Found out there is town in Chile desert called Calama and apparently it never ever rained in that city. Not sure if its only place since its mentioned as fun fact that people usually dont know

Report Post Tip

Today i discovered we are all stuck in the matrix. Today is tomorrow and yesterday is this afternoon. I strongly urge us to group up and plan our escape back into the real world.

Report Post Tip
More than 80% of the earth's surface is volcanic in origin. The sea floor and some mountains were formed by countless volcanic eruptions. Gaseous emissions from volcano formed the earth's atmosphere.
Report Post Tip
On Earth, you need heat to fuse metal, but in space, two pieces of the same kind of metal will fuse together with only a little pressure. The process is called cold welding, and it happens because of the lack of atmosphere.
Report Post Tip

There are jelly fish in the sea down in Cornwall however the white ones don't sting, but the ones that have blue running through the top of them do. Oh and the blue ones look really pretty 

Report Post Tip
I just recently found out that you can use Chinese rice boxes at take out places for a portable plate. Pretty neat.
Report Post Tip
Hair and nails grow faster than usual during pregnancy, apparently. It has something to do with the hormonal balance of the body and how it changes when you are pregnant.
Report Post Tip

duh man you gotta be original

Report Post Tip

that on the island of sipan, there is the biggest ratio of olive trees to inhabitants. Apparently with 450 inhabitants and a large olive tree plantation that is 1 of the major olive oil producing areas of croatia. Didn't get to buy it though, no shops were open :(

Report Post Tip

Cheese is the most shoplifted food in the world.

I'm curious, though, if they mean high-end pricey stuff, or that processed crap lovingly labelled as 'cheese food'. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL