Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 05:07:47
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 … [ > - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

My country's penal code allows anyone to either completely get away with or only receive a slap on the wrist for assaulting or murdering your spouse and/or someone they are having a sexual affair with if you catch them in the act. This also applies if you catch your daughter having intercourse with someone if she is underage and still living under your care.

While I'm all for lynching pedophiles. the other cases this can apply to are pretty dumb.

The worst part? The article of the penal code discussing this is entitled "DEATH OR PHYSICAL INJURIES INFLICTED UNDER EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES"

I now have another euphemism I can use in place of cheating

Report Post Tip
I was told that it is illegal to own just 1 Guinea pig in Switzerland... Something about them needing to be social or they can get really depressed! Not sure how much truth is in that but I thought it was abit strange!
Report Post Tip

Irlen syndrome is more common than asthma and heart attacks. About 50 percent of children and adults who have learning disabilities and attention deficit issue have Irlen syndrome.

Report Post Tip

I love find out about different things when it comes to MRBot lol

and this just so happened to be the latest one who i thought was funny too 

The Universe is so big that even if we find aliens, we will just start asking "Are we alone in the universe?" Again, only this time Aliens will be asking with us too.

Report Post Tip

I've recently found out that outer space doesn't exist. There is no way we sent first man to space JUST in 1961 and now all of a sudden we know about other solar systems and galaxies. It's all made up.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Beetroot helps with depression - I am not depressed for reassurance just some thing I found out it contains Betaine that relaxes the mind. It has something else too that I forget that is in chocolate that makes you feel nice and high in sugars so a nice rush too. Beetroot people beetroot!

Report Post Tip

The Dad in Encanto gets stung by bees at the beginning, which is why his face swells up periodically.

Report Post Tip
One little known fact about covid and the shots that the mainstream media never covers is how many people have died from receiving the shots.

Less than covid for sure but at over 22,000 just in the U.S...what number is exceptable before people say enough is enough.
Where's the cure.
Report Post Tip

Do you have a source Sam_Winchester

Report Post Tip

FYI his source was "He knows someone who had X happen" so I guess I learned that heresay is considered a "source" to some. 

Report Post Tip

We all know that Sam's friend is more reliable than any reporting sources anywhere. He's also busy fighting the anti-fascists so he can't bother getting peer-reviewed. 

I just learned that the worlds longest lightning bolt recently occurred (was in the news tonight). It crossed 3 states in the US and covered a total distance of 477 miles.

Must have been pretty stunning to see that light up the night sky.

Blackberries and raspberries are not even berries, but apparently pumpkins and bananas ARE berries. Who decided botany would be so confusing and go against everything I otherwise would have known? I didn't even need to know this.

Report Post Tip
I recently learned that the oldest university in the world, I think it’s the Oxford, predates the Mayan empire.
Report Post Tip

Not so as new but I always felt that it was very funny fact.

The heads on Easter Island have bodies.

Nothing too crazy but I love how I always imagined them (as we all did) just as heads and now this fact comes up, but the heads are so memorable that I just refuse to acknowledge that there is body down there.

Report Post Tip

A man in Victorian England named Peter Halkett designed a coat that could be used as a boat. He also designed a walking stick that turned into a paddle and an umbrella that could be used as a sail. Apparently the coat was even quite fashionable. 

Report Post Tip

A chance of a woman having twins is increased after the age of 35. About 1 in 27 women will give birth to twins after this age. After 50 the chances of having twins is 1 in 9.

Report Post Tip

According to Andrew Schulz. you're not really gay if you are the one giving it to the other guy, because some heterosexual couples do have anal intercourse as well. You are only gay if you receive the D and if you also take the load inside, then you're a slut.

Report Post Tip

My City in Canada has the oldest port in the entire world and was Canada's first city

Report Post Tip

Google images was literally created after Jennifer Lopez wore that infamous dress at the 2000 Grammys. So many people were searching for her outfit, the search engine added an imagine function.

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL