Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 06:28:31
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 … [ > - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

1. A dog named Duke was the mayor of Cormorant, Minnesota for four consecutive terms before retiring at 91 in dog years.

2. Even though the neck of a giraffe can be eight feet long and weigh up to 600 pounds, they only have seven neck vertebrae - the same number of neck bones that humans have! But unlike our vertebrae, each of theirs can be up to 10 inches long. 

Report Post Tip

"Like humans, koalas have unique individual fingerprints. If you place a koala and human fingerprint side by side, they're pretty hard to differentiate."

Wow. Just. Wow. Really makes you wonder.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The Palais Idéal in France is built entirely of stones a postman named Ferdinand Cheval picked up on his mail route.

Report Post Tip

Cicadas have been known to confuse the roar of power tools for mating calls and sometimes swarm people using lawn mowers.

Report Post Tip

Seventy two percent of all Vegans consume Human meat on a a weekly basis, making them the largest subcategory of Vegans in the Vegan Society. Humans are not considered animals due to their thumbs and appetite for fast food and cars

Report Post Tip

It's much easier to guess how many pepperonis are going on to a pizza vs actually counting out 40 of those little bastards for a large pizza. 

One of the most popular and famous celebrity attractions in London in the 1860's was a whistling oyster. 

Sonic the Hedgehog’s full name is actually Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog.

I know, crazy right!

The first ever person to be sent to the stocks (the old punishment where your head and hands are bound between two wood planks) in colonial Boston was the man who built the stocks and his crime was overcharging for the stocks. 

Bare-nosed wombats are renowned for producing distinctive, cube-shaped poos. The researchers say the distinctive cube shape of wombat poop is caused as a result of the drying of the faeces in the colon, and muscular contractions, which form the uniform size and corners of the poop.

Report Post Tip

The oldest edible ham turned 117 this year and had a birthday party thrown for it at the Isle of Wight Count Museum. 

That my aging body does not like manual labour anymore. 

I really need to work on my fitness. or jsut give up and decompose into a pile of shit. 

Sun goes up each morning, we dont see it each day though since if its cloudy or rain. Pretty neat to know for those not getting this one.
Report Post Tip

Type 1 Diabetes is not your fault. It's an autoimune disease.

Report Post Tip

Camp David is named after President Eisenhower's son David.

Report Post Tip

Kitti's hog-nosed bat (Craseonycteris thonglongyai) is debatably the world's smallest mammal and most definitely the world's smallest bat. Informally known as the bumblebee bat, Kitti's hog-nosed bat is about the size of a large bumblebee, weighing in at just two grams.

Report Post Tip

Rabbits can't puke. 

Unlike cats or other animals that can cough up hairballs when they digest too much fur and other indigestible materials, rabbits cannot throw up. Their digestive system only goes one way, so they swallow plenty of roughage, which keeps things moving in the right direction.

Apparently otters, along with other very endearing characteristics, happen to have the most densely packed fur of any animal. Supposedly they boast over a million hairs per square inch. The aquatic little bastards are often soggy and exposed to cold weather so this density of fur keeps them snug as a bug. Personally I have questions about how this hair density was measured and just how valid this finding really is. But until someone gives enough of a fuck to look into it and disprove it for me, I’ll happily keep spouting this as gospel. 

Report Post Tip

I've never seen one but in double rainbows, one of them has the color pattern inverted. Double rainbows occur when sunlight is reflected twice in rain droplets.

Report Post Tip

Did you know, in a group of just 23 people there is a 50% chances that 2 will share the same birthday, even after reading this I still can't work out how

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL