Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 21:48:09
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [ > - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49

Bicycles, in the 1800s, had the pedals installed directly on the front wheel. Therefore, you could only travel the circumference of the front wheel for every turn of the wheel. Also, the roads were quite rocky or had obstacles so it wasn't exactly safe to travel. So, in came the Penny-farthings; bicycles whose front wheel was a lot bigger than the back one. You could travel further and because of the reduced angle when the front wheel hit an obstacle, it was a lot safer to travel those pesky, bumpy roads.

Report Post Tip

The word nonce originated from writing it on a chalkboard outside the jail cell of sex offenders, and it stood for Not On Normal Communal Exercise, meaning they weren't allowed in the general population of the jail as they would be (and rightly) attacked. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

world war 3 come am am ready for it I think usa not bad as they think they are  when come war, i live life where war come in real life I shot 7 times when I was just kid, some real mafia war.

Report Post Tip
In the UK you are classified as elderly at the age of 60
Report Post Tip

Practice makes perfect but nobodies percfect. so why practice?

Report Post Tip
I recently came to learn of the insane alcohol tolerance of hamsters. I guess mostly due to their diet of fruit and rye which they horde and it ferments. They'll drink unflavored everclear over water and not show signs of intoxication.
You can't hum if you hold your nose. Hands up if you just tried it!
Report Post Tip

A snail has 2,500 teeth.

(That's totally not a frightening thought at all.)

The teeth can be found on their tongue that’s covered in ridges. They eat by rubbing their tongue on its food while the ridges cut it into tiny pieces. 

Oranges are not naturally occurring fruits, they are hybrid of tangerine and pomelo. It is weird how humans got accustomed to it to that extent that it's considered natural.
Report Post Tip

One of the earliest uses—perhaps the earliest use—of "OMG" appeared in a letter to the then-member of Parliament, as The Atlantic reports. In 1917, British Navy Admiral John Arbuthnot Fisher wrote to Winston Churchill about rumors of new titles that would soon be bestowed. "I hear that a new order of Knighthood is on the tapis," he wrote. "O.M.G. (Oh! My God!)—Shower it on the Admiralty!"

There were a group of German soldiers during WW2 who's job was to protect a weather station on top of a remote mountain. They got news that the war ended and obviously wanted to go home. But sadly for them, they ended up getting stuck there for five or six more months in freezing temperatures before a random European hiker found them. They wanted to go home so bad they instantly surrendered. 

Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries. Lemon contains 70 % sugar. A strawberry Contains only 40% sugar. I really thought that was strange. I can’t taste any sugar in a lemon
Report Post Tip

There is a town in Japan called "Nagoro" that has more dolls than human residents. Nagoro is a small village located in the Tokushima Prefecture of Japan.

Report Post Tip
Mind is blown. Oh my god. I’m speechless. Okay. Here is is. Apple pie is not from America. We all know apple pie is an American staple at a barn b Que. even at every Pacino in the summer time.
Report Post Tip
recently found out that a lot of insects are disgusted by us. If for example you touch a roach and it escapes alive it will spend a long time washing the human stink off of itself. Kind of puts is all in perspective, huh?
Report Post Tip

There is a  psychological disorder in where a person believes they are a cow; this is called Boanthropy. 

oh oh and if you eat a lot of bananas, mosquitoes will be more attracted to suck up your fruity blood. 

Also, sad fact, my coffee is cold. 

Report Post Tip

Apparently, if you mix vodka with whiskey and cigarette ashe, you can get high and drunk and probably die. Who would`ve thought.

Report Post Tip

During its transformation in the chrysalis, a caterpillar will self digest. At one point becoming a soup-like liquid. It then rebuilds itself into a butterfly. Like the fucking terminator. Not only that, scientists ran an experiment where they placed an electric shock hazard in the environment of a number of caterpillars. Over time they learned to avoid the hazard. The amazing thing is that after their transformation, the butterflies also avoided the hazard. Even though the very structure of the caterpillar brain has been broken down during the chrysalis phase, the memory persisted.  

Report Post Tip

Toddlers do not have kneecaps. 

If a child between 7 and 13 complains about belly button pain, they have strep throat.

Australian Shepherds aren't from Australia. They came from Spain.

Report Post Tip

In Ancient Persia, instead of sitting in front of a fireplace to warm yourself up, you would sit in front of a windplace to cool yourself down

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL