Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 17:00:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
A random fact you recently got to know Started by: Protea on Apr 13, '21 10:49
That most people are wrong when they say the plural of cul-de-sac is cul-de-sacs, it's actually culs-de-sac. This seems very very wrong and I don't believe I'll ever be using culs-de-sac again.
Report Post Tip

Was informed by my 11-year-old mini-me that if you hold your nose and try to hum at the same time.. that you actually can't!

I am only 45, and yes I did try and he was right! 

Report Post Tip

Good trivia night stuff here..

One I know, and one I heard (and have not checked)

True - the heads of Easter Island, actually have bodies down to the waist, like torsos

Not sure yet - friend from Canada tell me that the Covid PCR test is not able to detect, as positive, the newest variants, and these are same ones running rampant

Report Post Tip

A peanut is in fact not a nut. It is a legume, like beans or peas. A true nut is a single seed encased in a hard, non-splitting ovary wall.

Other examples of not-nuts are: almonds, pistachios, cashews and pecans

Report Post Tip

so the 't' in Moet and chandon, the champagne is 'hard'.

so, when people pronounce it 'mowet' ironically, they're actually saying it correcly as the umlaut on the 'e' makes the t hard.

so yeah, i'm sure your life is enriched now

Report Post Tip

A beaver can chew down up to 300 trees a year. They eat the bark and use the remaining trunk of the tree for dam making.

A beaver's teeth never stop growing so gnawing on trees wears them down to an acceptable size.

Report Post Tip
Nutmeg and mace are the same spice. Nutmeg is the inner hard stone and mace is the fruit on the outer.
Report Post Tip

I am unsure if it's a legit fact, but I heard on the radio yesterday that 'hangovers do not get worse as we age.

Apparently, it's been proven to not be the case and we are just getting more 'moany/sensitive' as we get older instead. Surely that's not so!! 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Recently learned that more than three quarters of all the countries, and around 87% of the world's population are in the northern hemisphere. Dunno why, but that just seems crazy to me.

Report Post Tip

7. An adult panda can spend up to 12 hours a day eating, and in order to fulfill their dietary needs, they need to eat at least 28 pounds of bamboo.

8. All polar bears are left-handed, or rather, left-pawed.

Report Post Tip

The most common time for a bank robbery is Friday, between 9 and 11 a.m. The least likely time is Wednesday, between 3 and 6 p.m.

Guess people need that money for the weekend

Report Post Tip

Every 60 seconds a minute passes in Africa. Jokes aside I read somewhere that ALL swans in England belong to the Queen! (at the moment Queen because she is the ruler and it changes)

Report Post Tip

I recently found out that the existence of boobs proves that men CAN focus on two things at once.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Ewan McGregor's brother Colin McGregor is a pilot in the royal air force and his aviator nickname is Obi-Two

Report Post Tip

Statistically the average person has one testicle... 

Report Post Tip

Turns out that if you make a product with rice flour, and then make a version substituting beet flour, you need much less water to achieve the same amount of stickiness.

Also turns out that the engineers I work with didn't think the plan through

Report Post Tip

John Kerry informed an enemy of his country that an ally of his country had carried out 200+ attacks against them.  Some might call this traitorous.  I doubt the current administration would, but who knows.  Backlash might force his hand.  One can only hope.

Report Post Tip

The human brain is almost 80% made up of water.

"It is estimated that about three-quarters of our brain is water. As such, even slight dehydration can cause fatigue, headaches, lack of mental clarity, stress and sleep issues. So, with 80% of our brain being made with water, it is only obvious that we need to keep ourselves hydrated."

Report Post Tip

I recently found out that the government expects more people to die per million people by vaccine complications than people that actually died in 2020 from COVID-19 itself. I was kinda...confused. 

Report Post Tip

TastelessGentleman I need to question your statistic, if there were an equal number of males and females and all males had the 'regular compliment' of testicles, that would be true, but since women generally live longer than men it is fair to assume that skews the average, and that's not allowing for men who have less than the regular compliment. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that the average person has fewer than one testicle.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: A random fact you recently got to know
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL