Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:09:29
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [ > - >>> ]
Job you wanted as a kid. Started by: Lance on Jan 22, '21 12:16

For the longest time I wanted to be a lawyer until I realized just how many years of schooling were required/how much debt I'd have to take on to make it plausible. 

Report Post Tip
All my life since I was a tiny little whipper snapper all I ever wanted to be was a cowboy

guess it will never happen now 🥺
Report Post Tip

Job i wanted as a kid was to be an inventor, invent something good for mankind. Didnt realise that will kill too much brain cells from too much thinking. Now for the more important part. Job i wanted as and adult: To ba a kid

Report Post Tip

Well, thinking about it, I think I was the typical child wanting to be all the classic jobs, aka fireman, policeman, doctor, lawyer and the list can go on. Looks in the end like I'm gonna be an engineer. Not a bad turnout I'd say.

Report Post Tip

I of course wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up. I was all into space. I am very proud of the fact that I could watch all the Apollo landings and launches as a kid. I was 6 or 7 years old and would get up early or stay up late to watch them. Of course I never became an astronaut but I still love space.

Report Post Tip

Oh man!  When I was a kid I wanted nothing more to be either a Kindergarten Teacher or a Veterinarian.  Veterinarian was higher on the desire list but then I watched a dog get put under anesthesia for a spaying procedure and I no longer wished to do that...  I did not end up doing either option...  Instead I became a parent.  :)

Report Post Tip

marine biologist. started the degree and was not as great as i thought swapped to environmental biology instead greater job prospects and way more money in industry

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

As a kid I always wanted to be a butcher. I liked the butcher’s shop. All the big cuts of meat hanging up, the grease-proof paper they would wrap the cuts in. The knives and bouncing of the scale when the meat flopped on. Above all I liked the colouration of the meat. The rich reds and contrasting bold white lines of fat cutting through and surrounding them. I was enthralled with the whole thing. 

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a veterinarian.  I would drag home every stray, unwanted, and injured animal and try nursing them back to health.  I truly wish I had followed those childhood dreams. 

I wanted to own my business and become rich. Still working on that goal. 

Report Post Tip

As a kid i always wanted to become a jet fighter pilot.
The power it would give you still seems awesome to me. Never made it that far unfortunately.

Report Post Tip

I still have no idea what job I want now. Despite being 30 years of age and working in the same company for the last 13 years. Granted I have made progress within the company, from basic manual handling job as an operative to the manager of the whole company. Still wonder whether this is the career path I want. 

Is 30 too old?!

Nah, I'm older than you and when I grow up I want to be the kinda woman who lays around reading books and eating doritos. And then when I feel like it, cook delicious foods and always have at least 20 cats. 

but unfortunately there isn't really a paycheck for that. 

Report Post Tip
When I was a kid I wanted to be in charge of a large multinational company and play in the rock band. I wanted to do both things at the same time. I always wanted to be multihyphenate

Garbage man. I thought it was pretty cool to run after the garbage truck and jump on and ride like a monkey. To be honest I still think it's awesome. Maybe I'll offer my help to them one day to make my childhood dream come true.

I wanted to be a cowboy until I learned that they don't actually ride horses from town to town and have shoot-outs with the bad guys who wore black hats.  After that unfathomable disappointment, I decided I wanted to be a lawyer, because my mother said I like to argue. Once I reached high school, I decided I wanted to become a teacher, mainly because I wanted the summers off. One of those things came true.

I bounced back and forth between wanting to be a chemist and a detective. Something about working in a lab always appealed to me. I spent more time wanting to be a detective though. I read lots of mystery as a kid. Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins, Three Investigators and Encyclopedia Brown. Whatever I could get my hands on. Now I’m as grown up as I’m going to get and I’m neither of those things.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a midwife and help families bring babies into the world. But then again I'm still trying to work out what want to be years down the line

Report Post Tip

My dream was to be a soldier from a very early age.  But yeah I never made it, guess my time is not up, who knows it may very well happen one day.  If it doesnt, than oh well always look for the positives, its best not to think about the negative it doesn't get you anywhere. 

Report Post Tip

I if recall correctly, I wanted to be a bin man, that sweet-ass ride got me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Job you wanted as a kid.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL