Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 03:50:15
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [ > - >>> ]
Job you wanted as a kid. Started by: Lance on Jan 22, '21 12:16
Firefihgter was what all us boys wanted to be, was so amazing to see fires that they put out fast with water and stuff wr didnt then what it was in those red cans.
Report Post Tip

I wanted to be a dental hygienist. Then I went and job shadowed a lady for a day. Realized some mouths are super gross. Decided against it.

Report Post Tip

When I was a kid I wanted to be a butcher. I used to love going to the butcher’s shop with my mother. I’d be captivated watching them cut joints of meat. The way the slabs of red and white meat looked hung up behind the counter, wS beautiful to me. I even loved the grease-proof paper they used to wrap cuts in.

I had that obsession for a few years before I decided I people should be the ones dying. 

Report Post Tip
I always wanted to be an oceanographer and spend my time at sea traveling the world and seeing and doing a world wide job.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I would have to say that as a child I dreamed of being a criminal profiler, which then changed to an attorney. Is great looking back especially when compared to where you ended up.

I always wanted to be a veterinarian or a marine biologist. I actually still think both are activities more worthy of my time than what I am doing now. But somehow never seriously tried to get there.

Not sure why...

Report Post Tip
When I was about ten it was be a police officer but I was not smart enough in school so I thought maybe the army when I was 15 but I was like nah fuck I’m not dying in a foreign war so I work at a tavern as a barman and love it
I remember I always wanted to becom a doctor.

But guess what...dreams never come true!

So instead I became a husband and a father.

...lol
Report Post Tip

A job i wanted as a kid was to be a zoo keeper or a vet, but i went the other way and became a pca nurse then i went into cleaning and then now a checkout chick 

As a teenager I really had a passion for creating, but only had talent in Photoshop. Never did a school on graphic design, instead I became a pharmacist. Now I only use Photoshop for pleasure, especially creating suits in MR.

When I was still fairly young, probably from ages like 8-13, I loved going to a local computer store that "specialized" in Apple products, AKA it was an small business Apple Store, back when the only Apple Stores in town that I can think of were at the two malls in my metro area. Either way the store was called FirstTech(which unfortunately closed a handful of years back) and I loved just going in there and looking at everything and wishing I had money to buy something. I would have up money from babysitting or doing other odd jobs or friends/family to go in and buy a game for my family's old eMac and ask one of the same like 2 or 3 workers who knew my whole deal by then "So when you gonna hire me." Was convinced for years you only had to be 14 to get a job because one of their employees said that to me once, found out it truly was just wishful thinking though when I turned 14 and they still denied by application request lol. Long story short a "real job" kids not I wanted as a kid, not like a dream/fantasy job all, was to just be a floor associate or similar such position at a local "Apple" store.

Funny story actually. So I spent a lot of time in there cause my dad's favorite watering hole where he and his friends were daily was literally across the alley. So I would often tag along(especially when we moved to within walking distance when I was 10) on the weekends. When my wings were gone and I had gotten bored of shooting the shit with the old heads I would head home by myself much of the time. So naturally if I didn't have my dad telling me we couldn't I would stop at FirstTech and shoot the shit with the nerds for a bit instead. They all knew me and would let me chill and talk with em so long as I let them do their jobs and got out the way when needed. Anyways it was a little "game" we played, a little song and dance we did, fairly often with me asking them for a job. They say no. >Why? >Too young. >So, lie. >Can't. >I'll use my brother's information. >That's even worse. Yadda yadda yadda... Well sometimes I would offer to just volunteer or work for free, or say let me just prove myself. Which would also get shot down as well. Although I can't remember the reasoning they gave me for refusing the free labor rn honestly. One day I musta had a couple more Cherry Cokes than usual at the bar though cause I wasnt taking no for an answer and said I'd prove to em I would be a great addition to their business. Keep in mind the whole thing was like 1/4 serious, 1/4 a conscious bit, and 2/4 hyper childish shenanigans. Either way, so I took my ass outside on the sidewalk and started tryna hustle people into the store off the street like how I had seen scalpers hustle tickets outside of sporting events mixed with the stereotypical image of a paper boy hustling papers(think RDR2). I remember a new generation of iPod Nano had just been released cause I was plugging that and telling people to get one while their still could. "Cause supplies are running out fast on the brand new edition" or some such thing. A few people stopped here and there and talked to me and I would try to get em inside and make a purchase. My dad left the bar at one point and asked what I was doing and I told him and he just laughed, shook his head and said dont be far behind him or we'd both be in trouble then I can only assume probably half walked half stumbled his way home. This is already getting way too long so end it by saying that one of the women who stopped to talk to me and asked what I was doing who actually went into the store came out a while later with a bag and said thanks for the good idea or good tip or some such thing. She was quickly followed by one of the employees I was talking to before I went out to "prove my worth" who told me I couldn't be out there hassling people and making a scene. Apparently they thought when I walked out that I had just left cause where I was standing was to the right of the front door and there were no windows  so they couldnt see me. Needless to say at the time I truly did not understand why they were telling me to stop when I legitimately did help them make a sale they otherwise wouldnt have made. Granted now being about double and some change the age I was then I can understand their logic lol. Now I can see the red flags that threw up the business side of things for them but even more importantly on the legal side lmfao. Sorry for the novel, but reminiscing on this has brought back more of the memory than expected and I was enjoying myself tbh lmfao.

Report Post Tip

the job i wanted as a kid was to be in the MLB.

Report Post Tip

I always wanted to be a rapper when I grew up. see kids? dreams do come true!

Report Post Tip

In all seriousness, I did want to pursue a career in video game design/development. I also like music production and would like to do the film/tv scores. I think that would be dope.

Report Post Tip

probably a cliche for younger generations but i wanted to be a youtuber, a gaming one, but when i was younger i would probably settle on any job that included video games lol

Report Post Tip

I always wanted to be a pilot as a kid. I've also been fascinated with aviation and airports etc, this coupled with the love of travelling made this a dream job. 

I've got a huge collection of toy planes and my dad got me a pilot uniform for my 10th birthday so so made up for the failed dreams!

Report Post Tip

one thing i wanted to be as a kid was a spy. Sneaking around getting under the enemy and developing contacts all over the world. Like james Bond..  007

Report Post Tip

what i wanted to be when i was a kid was a Zoo keeper, or work with animals, but i ended up being a personal care attendant, then worked in a fruit store then a cleaner and now i work for coles as a check out chick which i love becasue i can say hi to the customers and make the customers happy 

Report Post Tip

I always wanted to be a professional musician. I have three degrees, but it wasn't quite what I imagined it would be. 

Report Post Tip

when I was 4 years I wanted to be a cashier so I can have all the money I want :3

5 or 6 years later I wanted to be a doctor, now I'm following this childhood dream. 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Job you wanted as a kid.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL