Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 03:18:09
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Job you wanted as a kid. Started by: Lance on Jan 22, '21 12:16

I was convinced from the age of 4 - 8 that I would be a ballerina, nevermind that I stopped taking classes at age 6, and that it resulted in horrible stage fright on my one and only recital. I was absolutely going to be one, even had a pair of way too large toe shoes I'd wander around the house in hurting my feet constantly to be a ballerina. 

Then it turned out I was gonna be short and fat and I never took another ballet class so here we are, working in logistics instead. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I planned for my entire childhood to be a physician. Ended up bailing on that idea and became a Pharmacist instead.

Report Post Tip
As a kid, I planned to be a lot of things, the vast majority of them non-conventional. An astronaut, a musician, an actor, a WWE Superstar (lol), an athlete to many sports, like football or basketball. Anything I thought wouldn't feel like a job, you know?
Obviously I didnt follow through any of those dreams.
Report Post Tip

I idolized my dad, but I had never met him as my parents were divorced and I lived in a different state.  I had already convinced myself that I was going to be an engineer, just like him, except for I had no idea what an engineer did, what type of engineer he was, or anything about engineering.  Luckily, I was good at math and after meeting him at age 10, I had my path forward for the rest of my life.  Funny how things work at times.

Funny.....I also convinced myself that I loved blue cheese salad dressing with french dressing drizzled over the top, because my mom told me that my dad loved that.  Fast forward to my 30's and we are in line at a buffet.  I say "Hey Dad, look, I love the same combo that you like with blue cheese and french dressings!"  He looks at me and says "I hate blue cheese....that's gross!"  Good one MOM!  :)

Report Post Tip

as a kid i grew up listning to ozzy so as a kid i wanted to be a rock star 

make lot of music and sell a lot of items 

be rich and have a good but loving wife and kids 

Report Post Tip

When was growing up I wanted to be a midwife and help bring babies in to this world, but I never got the qualifications in order to learn.

Report Post Tip

I wanted to be an actress, I would write stories and act them out for my family or play them out with my Barbies when they got sick of it.

It was all I ever wanted to do... until I actually did it. I met some awesome people, but the experience just wasn’t for me. Perhaps they asked too much of me for my first gig because I would never ever do it again. 

Report Post Tip

Ha.. too many things I wanted to be

5yo - Vet

6yo - Life Guard, till i realised I had to "Kiss" People Cringe

12yo - Back to Vet

15yo Air Hostess - till i realised I had to be nice to people

17yo - I Wanted to work in the Army or be a Reserve

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hmm.. let me think now.

If I remember correctly then I wanted to become a cop. I also always loved IT and everything about it, but yet I  ever learned it.

Report Post Tip

As a young child I wanted to go into nursing. Childcare nursing. It was not until my later childhood, where I had to help my father with an insulin shot that I realised I was not cut out for it! 

Early adult years, gathered my administration qualifications, some of which was presentations. I wanted to pursue that side more and graphics but life had different ideas. 

I am awaiting my 2nd childhood to redo things and maybe try again! 

Report Post Tip
I wanted to be a chef as a kid only tried it for a year or so before travelling then going back to university. I guess I liked to party more than cook.
Report Post Tip
Always had this idea I'd end up being either a game developer or maybe a musician but unfortunately neither of those happened as a career.
Report Post Tip

All the normal ones, doctor, firefighter, police officer, astronaut. Then when I got older things like video game tester started looking appealing. I kinda see how these would appeal to kids though, very popular and glamorous and many of these jobs have to be worked towards. I'm not sure though I think astronaut is one of the hardest to get to be, all those years of being a pilot and being in top physical condition. I think every kid wants to be one though.

Report Post Tip

Interesting. I don't recall much ambition or drive when I was a kid to achieve special things. I remember dressing up as an Astronaut on several occassions when there was an event at school, but a real desire wasn't there. While being raised fairly free, my parents didn't particularly encourage explorations of the glamorous, adventurous and things like that. A lot of what I desired, mainly exploration of the world, developed when I was a young adult, with basically my own money to spent :)

Often people around me raised an eyebrow when I ended up going a bit of the beaten path, which never bothered me. But it did teach me to raise my kids, would I get them, in a more encouraging environment: "if you wanna reach for the stars; do it." Rather than whispering in the background that it seems pretty far away.

Come to think of it. Astronaut, I might give that another chance :)

Report Post Tip
My dream job was to be a firefighter like my grandfather as he was / still is my hero. I always went to the firehouse when I was a kid
Report Post Tip
I always wanted to be a pilot. But never signed up. Then I wanted to be an air traffic controller but waited to long. Now I just shout at idiots for a living
Report Post Tip

As a kid I always wanted to be a landscape architect. I lived in the city with far more concrete than green. I always liked the idea of building a beautiful place for people to be outdoors and enjoy nature even when trapped in the concrete jungle. 

Report Post Tip
Well I can say that I wanted to be a cop as a kid. Joined the military and it so far hasn’t panned out yet. Such is life I suppose, but I often find myself asking myself the same question. What is the point of working a job you do not enjoy? So if you possess the luxury of being selective then I’d advise you take the opportunity.
Report Post Tip
When I was a kid I always saw "Systems Analyst" as something cool futuristic and computery. If I ever did those job tests at school that is what came out. I followed it to college but never went that way in the end.
Sometimes I wonder but then I look at the firms IT department and how stressed, overworked and bothered they are and think kaybe not.
Report Post Tip

Like most young kids I want to be a professional footballer. I was ok but a decent Sunday league player at best. 

I saw a study conducted last year between Russian, American & UK children.

#1 dream job for a Russian kid was to be an Astronaut (Cosmonaut)

#1 dream job for an American/UK kid was to be a YouTube/Reality Star

I fear for our future!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Job you wanted as a kid.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL