Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 06:21:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Job you wanted as a kid. Started by: Lance on Jan 22, '21 12:16
As a kid I wanted to be a Psychologist for kids and families. I was & still am a better listener than speaker. I also wanted to go to college for nursing then join the Air Force and be a nurse.
Report Post Tip

A doctor or a civil engineer.

For some reason i was attracted by the white uniform. I think i was at age 12-13 when i broke my hand in basketball and had to put my arm in plaster. The orthopedic made me feel so comfortable and was very polite, so his behaviour earned me. 

On the other hand i liked and still do to watch big constructions and how are built. Railways, high buildings, bridges and other complex constructions are my best.

Finally i choze none of them, my love to maths guided me to informatics. 

Report Post Tip
When I was a kid I wanted to be the fire truck... not a fireman but the actual truck.. once I realised it was never feasible to say I was disappointed is an understatement to say the least
Report Post Tip

Doctor.

I wanted to be one so that when my mother's old, I would take care of her medical needs.

Report Post Tip

I wanted to be a Doctor.

My logic was that I would take care of my mother's medical needs when she's old.

That was years ago... I took Criminology instead...

Report Post Tip

I did actually end up driving a tractor a few times as a teenager. My inability to do anything with a trailer load of potato boxes except drive forward was a handicap!  Just as well I was better at chemistry. 

Report Post Tip

I wanted to be a librarian as a kid. I have always loved books. Still do, but I never went that route. Instead ended up at Tim Hortons.

Report Post Tip

I always wanted to be a vet. Or a meteorologists and storm chaser. Id sill like to do some storm chasing.

Report Post Tip

I actually got to do what I wanted as a kid. G9t to go to culinary school and work as a chef.

Of course, then I learned that I also wanted to have some actual family and friend life, and chefs basically live to work.  But aside from the hours, I actually loved the work. 

Report Post Tip

hmm as a kid first i always wanted to become teach or to be more accurate, math teacher. loved math and always thought there is better way to teach it so more students could understand it better, then at some point i wanted to be a doctor...funny thing at the end none of that hahah studying IT and actually working in supply chain and logistics

Report Post Tip

There were a lot of things I'd would have liked to do, but I didn't do enough for any of them I guess. The most interesting were becoming a F1/rally pilot, or some kind of scientist.

Report Post Tip

All I ever wanted to be as a kid was a soldier...then I got older an realized I could actually die. So I wimped out and went into marketing. :X Totally went an opposite path on that one. Now I'm a floor manager in a warehouse. Things change as you get older. -_-

Report Post Tip
I wanted to be a hockey player. I was decent at baseball, volleyball and badminton when I was younger. Eventually - getting fat and drinking too much beer got in the way of being an athlete though lol.
Report Post Tip

I think mine changed about once a week, I wanted to be just about everything at some point.  I had silly dreams like most kids, model or singer.  I think a teacher at some point.  It was more the medical field as I got older, doctor or vet.  And I didn't end up doing anything that I wanted as a kid. 

Report Post Tip

i wanted to be a paleontologist or Egyptologist. Really watched the Mummy and Jurassick Park again and again and again...rsrs

I think these two jobs were at the top of my list as a child until I grew up and I realized how much it would cost to study to get there.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I sat there looking at the white concreate walls with no idea of time, and wondered how it had come to this i was from a good family my farther a simple cobbler my mother a woman of the night my two older brothers war stricken vets and then there was me from a young age i'd love to steal first it was from ye old shop then ye old supermarket then ye old mall just candy at first but it all soon took a turn i was in the shop one day just looking for my next prize walking pass all the sweet i knew to be to easy i like a challenge you see it gives me a bit of purpose anyway as i was strolling along i bump into this tall white hair man of possibly an itallian pusason i look him up and down but as i look up into his eyes all i see is the darkness it still haunts me to this day i start to stutter "s-s-s-s-s-s-sorry sir" he glairs at me then simply smiles no problem son, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a coin and tosses it to me then just strolls away i was scared to say the least i look at the coin put it in my pocket and walk out the store as im walking my normal way home down what they use to call muggers ally i see two men with tatted clothes punching and kicking something as i edge closer my foot hits something i look down to see a shiny colt 45 i knew what it was because my dad use to polish them at his shop for the extra money. suddenly, i hear a shout "pick it up boy" i looked up and it was the two men "i said pick it up" startled and frightened i pick it up it with swiftness and too much adrenaline to feel the weight "give it to me" said the men as i peer behind them i see a ball of a person clothes tattered and ripped blood gushing down his face i notice its the man from the store the one that give me the coin i take it out of my pocket and look at it and without hesitation i shoot the gun missing the first man by inches and hitting the second in the stomach right about near the kidney the first man look at me in horror and jolts towards me to grab the gun but just before he manges to grab it i shoot again hitting him in the jaw going up towards his brain the bodies flops backwards i stand there for seconds which felt like hours thinking about what had just happened i snap out of it when i hear a muffled groan it was the beaten man the one from the store i thought he was dead surely no one could take such a beating i go over to him slowly at first but then i start to pick up a pace as i get to him and turn him around he looks at me with the only eye he could possible see out of and smiles i knew you was a good boy just then, a black cars pulls up and out jump another two men which run towards me and the man i point the gun shaking as i was the first time then the man say something "dont shoot their on our side the pick him up and walk him back to the car slowly putting him into it one of the men turn round and point a gun staight into my head. heres me thinking i just saved a man and now his goons are going to kill me just my luck but after that day maybe it wouldnt be the worse thing i had see what adults do to eachother who would want to live in a world like this but then i hear "no he saved my life give him something for his troubles" one of the goons hands me more money than id ever see in my life and walks away "next time you see me kid ill have a job for you and you mite want to keep that gun" the door slams shut and the car speeds away i look at the gun and hold it up to the sun it was a nice gun white and gold i'd never seen one like it then i noticed on engraved the handle 'godfarther' and then i realised i'd just saved someone very important and i forgot to steal some sweets i chuckled and made my way home.

end of part one please leave comments and also comment if you'd like a part 2 thanks, lucii 

Report Post Tip
Scientist.

As a child, I was very curious about life and watching science fiction films is fascinating and pleasurable. Science explains virtually every little thing right here on earth and scientists are the individuals who do researches to seek out details about every little things.
Report Post Tip

i wanted to be a COP and i wanted to be a professional football player... needless to say i became the very opposite of a cop and have done 4 years in prison. and the fact that i am only 5'6" my dreams of either one coming true fell very short lol ( pun intended)

Report Post Tip
I went through two notable phases in my life. I wanted to be a teacher for the K-2 age group. I also wanted to be a Veterinarian. I am neither today!
Report Post Tip

An inventor... I lacked the intelligence

A cartoon designer..  I lacked the drawing skills

Then I wanted to be a a train purger... As a kid I even was invited to help once, I was about 6 years old. I really loved it..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Job you wanted as a kid.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL